Bore Tech Eliminator

While reviewing the msds sheet for bore tech eliminator i decided to look into one of the chemicals listed at a content of =< 25%
In one pic of the msds you see the chemical also known as AMPA
The other pic is the toxicity of the chemical i found on wikipedia.
If i understand this, it is as toxic as glyphosate which is the carcinogen in roundup weed killer. We are told it is non toxic. Confusing
Good detective work. Thank you!

What are your guys thoughts on coated jags to eliminate false positive results on the cleaning patch? I think I saw where the Tipton jags were nickel coated. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me to be running nickel up and down the bore. Isn't that hard? Possibly scratch the bore? Some people are concerned about passing a bronze bristle brush up and down the bore but, then they will turn around and use nickel? I saw where someone else was offering jags made out of aluminum? Not sure what to think about aluminum.

What are your guys thoughts on coated jags to eliminate false positive results on the cleaning patch? I think I saw where the Tipton jags were nickel coated. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me to be running nickel up and down the bore. Isn't that hard? Possibly scratch the bore? Some people are concerned about passing a bronze bristle brush up and down the bore but, then they will turn around and use nickel? I saw where someone else was offering jags made out of aluminum? Not sure what to think about aluminum.

I can't see how a patch covered jag ever touches the bore.

Last edited:
I've tried just about every product for gun cleaning you can think of. I have bins full of different bore cleaners that I need to get rid of. I am a bit nervous after reading Tim's post. My current cleaning station now only has a few products. The bore scope has changed my way of cleaning. I will now be a bit more careful with all the chemicals.
IMG_1287.jpeg

How dare you use the correct full name for this State! Everyone knows the proper Forum-use name, in particular by those who don't live here, is "Kali". We who do call it the PRK. It was a fine State before the carpet baggers got here. Brown's first pass got us turned into the Granola State (full of fruits, nuts, and flakes) and even Arnold couldn't fix it.

Prop 65 doesn't just label those, it labels everything as a nasty, gonna kill you chemical. 65 was so obviously a boondoggle that was going to create a Bureaucratic Autocracy that would soon rival CARB that I can't believe that it got voted in. It's a sad commentary on the voters in this State. We didn't learn anything from Prop. 13, apparently.
voting in Kali has been rigged since they impemented electronic voting. Now it's country wide and look what happened in 2020

I use the DEWEY jags which are NOT nickel plate, but aluminum. They are durable and function well eliminating false copper-brass positive results. (corrected manufacturer). Sorry for confusion!

Last edited:
Bore tech proof positive jags are not brass or nickle and work great at not giving a false indication of copper fouling. I believe Dewey also makes them