Bore Tech Eliminator

No amount of belief of disbelief makes something true.
That’s a fact.
In the meantime I, and many others will continue to produce the food and fiber you depend on daily.

With glyphosate. The grain and fiber ag sectors as we know them would be crippled without it, in today’s growing practices. There isn’t a substitute, at least an affordable one that I’m aware of. If there was I’m sure the manufacturer would be happy to sell it at 99.9% of the real value.

I use it some. It doesn’t prevent rust like they say. Other than that I think it’s a good product.

Agreed..

It says up to two weeks....I wouldn't expect a water/detergent based cleaner that removes all the oil and fouling to be much of a rust preventative. There are much better products for that, or just use oil based type cleaners.

Agreed..

It says up to two weeks....I wouldn't expect a water/detergent based cleaner that removes all the oil and fouling to be much of a rust preventative. There are much better products for that, or just use oil based type cleaners.
Yup. It's an amazing cleaner, probably the best I've used. But I use other products for long term storage.
But as a cleaner it's fantastic

I always wear gloves when cleaning my rifles, and try to use the harsh chemicals outdoors.

My AR is one that I am extra careful with as the gas tube brings whatever is vaporized in the barrel and tube back in your face to breathe.
If your worried about cleaning an AR because of what's atomized etc in the bcg etc I would think you'd have to wear full NBC gear when shooting one as what you would inhale, get on mucus membrane, and skin ect is far worse from a health perspective. The cleaning solvents do help it become transdermal though so gloves is always a good idea.

I actually started using gloves a few yrs ago when I saw the msds on the KG copper remover list it contained a nice dose of cyanide. Combined with the solvents makes it a great transderrmal pushing it into circulation. I prefer not to cause neurological damage if I can prevent it. Maybe no big deal cleaning a rifle ever few weeks or months but including handguns I clean quite a few guns every week. Figure better safe not to mention keeps my hands clean. Started wear them all the time when working on the tractors and ag equip. The amount of grease solvents various petroleum produces I use to get covered in just swapping pto couplers touching greased pin joints etc..

I switched over to using Boretech Cu as its far easier to see the cu indication. I prefer to deal with carbon and copper separately.

Last edited:
I used to think "insert favorite cleaner here" was the greatest bore cleaner ever. Then borescopes became cost effective and shattered that illusion forever. A clean patch does not indicate a clean bore.

I use Bore Tech products, Sharp Shoot R products, IOSSO products, and even good ole Hoppe's #9 depending on what I find after the first round of cleaning. I'll even use CLR on a patch if the barrel has a stubborn carbon ring (not recommending, some barrel mfg's claim that CLR ruins a barrel. So do bullets and powder).

I also used to "shoot until accuracy falls off then clean" but I got over that.

I used to think "insert favorite cleaner here" was the greatest bore cleaner ever. Then borescopes became cost effective and shattered that illusion forever. A clean patch does not indicate a clean bore.

I use Bore Tech products, Sharp Shoot R products, IOSSO products, and even good ole Hoppe's #9 depending on what I find after the first round of cleaning. I'll even use CLR on a patch if the barrel has a stubborn carbon ring (not recommending, some barrel mfg's claim that CLR ruins a barrel. So do bullets and powder).

I also used to "shoot until accuracy falls off then clean" but I got over that.
My Teslong has definitely been a blessing and a curse. Great tool for inspecting bores, but it definitely does lead to more cleaning "after you were done". I've been using Boretec Eliminator recently but have found that it does not get all the staining in the first 1/3 of the barrel.

I fall somewhere in between on the cleaning frequency chart, except when I shoot N570.... especially suppressed, that stuff makes for a filthy barrel.

It's best to not take your health for granted.I did a lot of farm work when I was younger in the 1970's.Washing parts in leaded gasoline was a common practice.My hands and arms would be slightly red and tingling after washing greasy bearings for hours.Handling concentrated herbicides and pesticides without gloves was also common.I remember spraying fence rows with a herbicide that was in an orange 55 gal drum.I remember it was labled 2-4-5T.A few years later I was watching a show about the Vietnam Vets that were getting cancer from Agent Orange that was sprayed over Vietnam to kill the vegetation during the war.Guess what?Agent Orange is 2-4-5T.I remember having to carry a flag for the pilot to line up on when spraying field crops.The pilot would try to fly a 100ft to the downwind side of you,but the wind would often switch and we would be dowsed with the spray.After the job was complete I would often feel a little sick in my stomach and could smell the chemical in my urine when I would **** for several hours afterwards.I remember one of those chemicals,Ordram,could be smelled when you drove past the dirt airstrip where the chemicals were mixed and sometimes spilled some nine months later after a front with rain would pass through.I left the farm work for the most part in the 1980's and since that time I had jobs that required the use of protective equipment when working with chemicals.I have become more aware of the potential harmful affects chemicals can have on your health.I do try to use gloves when cleaning my guns.Some of those solvents are easily absorbed through your skin,into your bloodstream and distributed throughout your body as the liver is trying to filter your blood.As I am nearing 68yrs old,after all that,surprising I'm in great health.I look back on my life and feel Blessed.We will all die some day.The cause of our death is yet to be determined.I think cancer is an ugly way to have to end your life.If I feel there maybe something I can do through personal choice in preventing that to be my cause of death,for me it's an easy choice.

Recent Posts