Best whitetail bullet.

Almost every hunter in America is over gunned for Whitetail. Maybe not for long range, but for Whitetail many carry cannons for shots under a 100 yards. My son has been killing them with 357 magnum handi-carbine shooting Fusion Hollow Points. All down quickly. We live in a time of great choices.

168 A-max in a 308 or faster, off the shoulder and a couple inches back of the crease you'll see a 20 yard max blood highway if it isn't laying right where it was shot and the only meat loss is the heart and some rib meat. Palm to hand size exits. Shoulder shoot one or crease to shoulder and you'll lose the entire offside shoulder, shank and half the neck too if you're running them in 300WM. Golfball size exits on small Texas whitetail neck shots and very little meat loss.

Almost every hunter in America is over gunned for Whitetail. Maybe not for long range, but for Whitetail many carry cannons for shots under a 100 yards. My son has been killing them with 357 magnum handi-carbine shooting Fusion Hollow Points. All down quickly. We live in a time of great choices.
Speaking of cannons, who don't like a good hand cannon?

South Texas cull buck. 60ish yard shot, 240gr xtp mag at 2000fps out of a 460s&w. Hit him a little further back than I wanted. I was trying to crush the running gear but ended up just behind the shoulders. He wilted like you just let the air out of him, walked thirty yards, and fell over.

20230204_181547.jpg

Coyotes and buzzards could. At the time we had so many does around here they were putting a hurting on soybeans. So we thinned the herd and I never lost sleep over the damaged meat.
That seems wasteful to me. We had to take 85 does off our ranch near Hebbronville a couple of years ago and donated most of them to feed people.

That seems wasteful to me. We had to take 85 does off our ranch near Hebbronville a couple of years ago and donated most of them to feed people.

You don’t move them or touch them in ky when shot with nuisance tags. I don’t agree with it but it is what it is.

Last edited: