Best pack for mountain hunting

That's a pop up. They're underrated packs.
A lot of folk love this pack as a daypack. I really wanted mine to work, but in the end, the hip belt just dug in the wrong places.

Here's the Rokslide review from 2020.

Alot of folk love this pack as a daypack. I really wanted mine to work, but in the end, the hip belt just dug in the wrong places.
That's what I use it for; a summer day pack. I have the pop up 38. It doesn't dig on me, but it would be nice if they updated it with the 5 piece belt like on the guidelite mt.

Here's the 2023 comparison on Rokslide;

I personally find on the whole, the folk on RokSlide are pretty knowledgeable about packs. Video rear world follow up to the 2020 review;

Last edited:
Maybe you could plan a trip first of Feb to the sportsmans expo in Salt Lake City. You could try them all there before your choice. There likely could be a discount there. You could put in for the UT raffle hunts and make a nice weekend out of it. I've ran several brands and I'm currently in an EXO, and do not plan on shopping again for a long long time.

An event like that would have saved me a ton of money…just remember to BYOS (bring your own sandbag) and see if the vendors will let you walk around with the loaded pack for at least an hour.

Exactly what Iceking said. Depends on your hunt duration. I am also running a Barney's pack for my longer hunts. Very comfortable and can help distribute weight for long duration trips.

View attachment 237544 View attachment 237545
External framed pack for packing meat... 3 days worth of food.i man tent.water filter.... gun straps 6 rnds ammo..whatever else you can carry for at least 4 hrs.straight.

I really Like this Alps Outdoors pack, haven't had a chance to pack an animal with it yet but it carries well. I think I'm actually going to get the smaller bag for Day trips. I do wish they made a larger pack also for cold weather weekend trips.

Stone Glacier or EXO. Best overall product, made in the US, designed by serious hunters. Put weight in them and go with the pack that fits your back best. SG has weighted packs at their trade shows and in their showroom in Bozeman. Not sure about at their dealers or not.

Any update here? I've been looking in to the eberlestock F1 and 5500. After reading all these reviews the exo pretty much right there with cost but seems like they've had years worth of testing and the work and comfort to back them up.

Getting ready for a 4-7 day mule deer hunt this coming year. Planning and training cannot start soon enough.

Recent Posts