Badlands Precision Bullets thread - From BC to terminal ballistics

Having taken elk now with my 260 Rem with the 6.5 125gr BD, at close range, about 30 yds. Virtually 100% penetration. One shot & a very mature elk went right down. Worked great. But I have taken many elk over the years , mainly with the Barnes 120gr TSX. Also used the 121gr Hammer. If there is a difference in how they perform on game, I can tell no difference with the different brands. They all have worked equally well for me. Bullet placement , as always seems to me to be the determining factor.

Thank you for sharing the information of George's passing. Hopefully someone is able to carry on his legacy. I really appreciated that he was willing to call me back when I had a technical question about his products.

RIP to NRALIFER.

I just went to the website to buy more bullets for this season, saw it was down and just found this thread. Guess I'll be on the hunt for a new bullet.

Hopefully someone can carry on his legacy.

RIP to NRALIFER.

I just went to the website to buy more bullets for this season, saw it was down and just found this thread. Guess I'll be on the hunt for a new bullet.

Hopefully someone can carry on his legacy.
What caliber do you need? I have some of different calibers I can send you if you pay shipping. Might get you through the season.

George was always very helpful.

What caliber do you need? I have some of different calibers I can send you if you pay shipping. Might get you through the season.

@Copper Basin I very much appreciate the offer. With them out of business and the prospect of being able to get bullets long term low, I've decided to just move on to something more available.

I've got around 40 bullets left, so I could probably use them for the season and be fine in reality, but I'm gonna have to switch eventually anyway so I might as well do it now.

Check out McGuire's Copper Rose Bullets. Depending on the caliber he has turned monos that are in the same bc range. Here is a thread testing them with photos etc. Mcguire Bullets Field Tests

The best ones for BC are the 168gr 7mm g1 .750/g7 .384 same as 190 LRHT. The 195 30 cal has a g1 .700 between the Berger 215 H and 220 LRH @ 20-25gr lighter. The 250 gr 338 has not been posted but seems to follow the same curve as the Berger 300 or g1 .814 g7 .417 about the same as the Badlands 250 was. I will have gotten lucky if this shoots well in my rifle as that is the bullet it will replace.

I am hoping he will come out with a 135gr 6.5. with min 7 tw. Something in the g7 0.350 range. Should be doable given his 125s bc. Was in the middle of a 6.5 max build centered on the Badlands SBDII 135 7tw so it's for my own selfish reasons.

Also Apex Outdoors has similar type of bullets.

I am really going to miss George and his Badland bullets. They were so great to do buisness with. Will still be hunting with a few of the SBD2 250s this fall winter. Then hopefully switching over to 250 CR Going to save the rest of those SBD2 250s to compare to other designs and what's possible.

I

Last edited:
Check out McGuire's Copper Rose Bullets. Depending on the caliber he has turned monos that are in the same bc range. Here is a thread testing them with photos etc. Mcguire Bullets Field Tests

The best ones for BC are the 168gr 7mm g1 .750/g7 .384 same as 190 LRHT. The 195 30 cal has a g1 .700 between the Berger 215 H and 220 LRH @ 20-25gr lighter. The 250 gr 338 has not been posted but seems to follow the same curve as the Berger 300 or g1 .814 g7 .417 about the same as the Badlands 250 was. I will have gotten lucky if this shoots well in my rifle as that is the bullet it will replace.

I am hoping he will come out with a 135gr 6.5. with min 7 tw. Something in the g7 0.350 range. Should be doable given his 125s bc. Was in the middle of a 6.5 max build centered on the Badlands SBDII 135 7tw so it's for my own selfish reasons.

Also Apex Outdoors has similar type of bullets.

I am really going to miss George and his Badland bullets. They were so great to do buisness with. Will still be hunting with a few of the SBD2 250s this fall winter. Then hopefully switching over to 250 CR Going to save the rest of those SBD2 250s to compare to other designs and what's possible.

I
I'll have to check when I get home but I think I have a box or so of SBD2 250s if you want them. I no longer have a cartridge that shoots them.

Similarly, I just went to re-supply and Sadly, just learned the news.

I hate to ask, but if anyone has a few spare 135's, I'd be grateful for the chance to buy them to get through the season.

Thanks

I think there was at least one person in a thread that got 135 and found the 125 were better for him. So hopefully there are others as the 135 took 7 tw and many try to get them to work with 7.5 as 7 tw are almost always custom order.

The bc jump you can get going to 135 to me makes it well worth it.