Badlands Precision Bullets thread - From BC to terminal ballistics

Check out apex bullets. Similar shape and bc. Kills more like a hammer than a barnes though.
Mcguire is also doing high bc copper but I don't understand how with the drive bands.
Apex are nice not quite SB2 slick though and far less selection but still thankful we have such high quality bullets available. L ike you said sort of a blending of hammers and BL.

Not sure about the Mcquire's though, never used or hwd one in hand. Just looking at there shape not even accounting for the bands I can not see it h8tting the bc they claim. Also g1 not g7? Just look at the 125gr 6.5 they claim .600 g1 so .300 .305 g7? compared to the afterburner or badlands. It's may just be the pic angle but it sure looks to have a shorter sharper nose. Looking just at the data Apex supplies I am more confident of their numbers. Still nothing is gtg till it's tested.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I emailed badlands today to inform them their website was down and redirecting to godaddy, I received a reply that George (aka NRALIFER) has passed away and that Badlands Precision will be closing their doors. I don't have any additional details as I'm just a regular customer.

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea.

Condolences to the family and friends. George was very passionate about his products and I'd imagine this extended to his family!

I spoke to him on the phone before placing an order and he was very helpful and explained how the product functions, loads details, etc. He answered all my questions.

Sorry to hear that he passed.

Jason

Apex are nice not quite SB2 slick though and far less selection but still thankful we have such high quality bullets available. L ike you said sort of a blending of hammers and BL.

Not sure about the Mcquire's though, never used or hwd one in hand. Just looking at there shape not even accounting for the bands I can not see it h8tting the bc they claim. Also g1 not g7? Just look at the 125gr 6.5 they claim .600 g1 so .300 .305 g7? compared to the afterburner or badlands. It's may just be the pic angle but it sure looks to have a shorter sharper nose. Looking just at the data Apex supplies I am more confident of their numbers. Still nothing is gtg till it's tested.
I've talked to Sam at McGuire and he tests the crap out of his stuff. I've got some of the 6.5's, 270's, and 30 cal 168's to test. I feel very confident in his numbers he claims. He has a thread on here also with some very good proof of what their bullets will do. Soon as it cools down in Az I'll be running all 3 I have and testing.

I've talked to Sam at McGuire and he tests the crap out of his stuff. I've got some of the 6.5's, 270's, and 30 cal 168's to test. I feel very confident in his numbers he claims. He has a thread on here also with some very good proof of what their bullets will do. Soon as it cools down in Az I'll be running all 3 I have and testing.
McGuire Pills are showing some good results

Check out apex bullets. Similar shape and bc. Kills more like a hammer than a barnes though.
Mcguire is also doing high bc copper but I don't understand how with the drive bands.
Thanks for suggesting these. Apex look a lot like the bulldozers so hopefully they shoot and perform well. Both them and McGuire are quite a bit more expensive than Bulldozers. Not a deal breaker since they're for hunting, but who likes to pay more for a less sleek bullet that seems like a knock off?

Thanks for suggesting these. Apex look a lot like the bulldozers so hopefully they shoot and perform well. Both them and McGuire are quite a bit more expensive than Bulldozers. Not a deal breaker since they're for hunting, but who likes to pay more for a less sleek bullet that seems like a knock off?
They function completely different terminally, so I wouldn't call them a knockoff. Different alloy to.

McGuire are not more expensive than Badlands!