Lapua, Norma and Nosler, you get what you pay for just like everything else in life. Ever notice how the flash holes are perfectly centered in those brands and usually no flash hole burrs either,
The reasons you describe are the reasons Federal brass goes straight to the scrap brass bin. When I was trying to use it...I would have to use a drill bit to break off the burrs....broke one tool already on Federal brass.

I assume some who use Federal brass don't clean the burrs off the flash hole. When I've tried to use Federal brass I end up with a huge pile of chips. That includes several calibers too!

Hornady has very clean flash holes...the only Lapua brass I own was 6.5X284. It was about the same as I have experienced with multiple calibers of Hornady.

I started with 100 pieces of 6.5x284 Lapua bras and have already lost 5 cases...I'm at 4 firing on those cases...which is about what I see with Hornady brass.

But I did use Hornady 25-06 brass to make my 6.5-06 brass. On the 8th firing lost about 20 cases on that firing, but none before that. I scrapped the whole lot on that firing

Way back when, I had an issue with Hornady 338 Lapua brass being too soft in the case body area. I understand it was recitfied but I don't shoot that stick much. I got some PPU cases and have had good luck with them. Lapua don't coin 300 WM brass, wish they did.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.