A Bit Off of the Usual Topics, but….

We have been keeping up with what we can this year. The whole World is at odds with one another. Putin threatening to start WW3. My natural gas comes off a new 12" main line they ran through our property about 5yrs ago. I put in a 24kw whole house generator, as long as that main line has gas, so do I.
Lord said the end of time will be with Fire.

How many have looked at your expiration dates ? I know the dates are subject. Especially when packing it up for the long haul. But rotating your preps is harder than I thought. I tend to grab what's in the front and easy. It'll be my luck to be sitting on spoiled food when I need it the most. 😂

Loaded ammunition, freezer full of fresh elk already loading components firearms clean propane full water is artisan well - takes no power 100 cords of wood cut split, hunting grounds right out the front door. My wife and I and dogs would make it through the upcoming winter

Bringing this back up. Not sure about any solar flares but plenty of other scenarios are likely at some time in the near future.
I'm stocked up more than I was when this thread started and probably more so than many but with prices of everything so high it's tough to stock up!
So how prepared for a emergency are you?
Can you make it 72 hours? A week? A month or a year?
I need to stock up again on gasoline but otherwise I have enough for a while

Salt, lots of salt. If I need to explain why then you're already screwed. Seeds, canning equipment. Ability to heat your home and cook. Plus, A big plus. Know your neighbors, you will need them, and they you.

We keep a lot of salt and sugar as well. We also have bees, but with bees there is no guarantee for their survival……especially in Wyoming! memtb

Or as close to it, as you can get, on this earth. The older I get the more I hate the cold. Otherwise I would really consider moving there. Florida is looking good to me right now. Bikinis in the winter. Salt and fresh water fishing. And I am still close enough to hunt PA. And alligator & Iguana hunting sure sounds like a blast. Did I mention bikinis in the winter ?

I live in central Mt , mountains 10 min away my wife shot a cow elk on an early season a week ago less than a mile down the road . We are living in heaven!!
Sounds like that to this Florida boy for sure. I've been to Montana many times and loved it . Should have moved there around 2004 I actually liked Eastern Montana equally well. Prairie dogs mule deer whitetail pronghorn etc. And you cat see forever and there ain't no fences hardly at all!!!

Or as close to it, as you can get, on this earth. The older I get the more I hate the cold. Otherwise I would really consider moving there. Florida is looking good to me right now. Bikinis in the winter. Salt and fresh water fishing. And I am still close enough to hunt PA. And alligator & Iguana hunting sure sounds like a blast. Did I mention bikinis in the winter ?
I'll take Montana. I spend about half my time in Montana, the other in Sh*thole California.It use to be better darn good in Mexilornia. Fishing in the Oceans was good and hunting birds, deer and some goats was to bad,. Not much in heavy weather. Everybody moved in over the years. Wish then would move back to where they came from. I could come across the street from the school and get my rifle or shotgun, puddly my self to a place to hunt within 4 blocks. Stop by the store to get ammo if needed. hunting on my owe @ 11yrs old. Before with my dad.
The police would have a kid in their cross hairs now. As old saying was. To Bad, To Bad.

I am originally from the deep south and thought I didn't like the cold but after being here in Montana since the early 1990's I must have gotten used to it as I look forward to winter.Last year we saw -24 some days and one night it got into -40 weather.That is too cold.
I still will never leave here as it is home now.

I agree Mike Matteson,times sure have changed!
I lived in Glendale California as a kid for 18 months as dad was deployed.I bet the area we lived in is full of people now.
As far as you could see were strawberry fields and I bet it's all supermarkets and shopping spots now.
I hate change but can't stop it.

Last edited:
I hear you guys , I'm originally from Georgia but I've been here in Mt for 24 years. When I was a kid we carried a rifle in the back window of the truck going to high school, not even a chance now a days down there. Today I grab a suppressed rifle step out my front door turn left walk down the street 300 yards and smack a deer or elk and no one even looks cross eyed at you, gotta love central Mt but not Billings or Missoula. Got 4 days to kill another elk then bow season starts for 6 weeks!