A Bit Off of the Usual Topics, but….

I have eaten coon but not a possum.Back then I used Tony's seasoning.
The wife would not eat it but it was good.

I've eaten coon a few times when I was a kid. Sadly it was pretty bad, but in the coon's defense…..my mother, while she tried, was a terrible cook and Tony's hadn't been invented yet!

Also, as the processor, I may not have removed all or any of the glands that need to be removed! 🫢 memtb

I've eaten coon a few times when I was a kid. Sadly it was pretty bad, but in the coon's defense…..my mother, while she tried, was a terrible cook and Tony's hadn't been invented yet!

Also, as the processor, I may not have removed all or any of the glands that need to be removed! 🫢 memtb
Note to self…. Buy some Tony's seasoning and google glands to remove from coon before cooking.

Another rather important in my opinion, along with rural property, is having a stocked pond on said property!

Many, OK some, will totally ignore/disregard the likelihood that all livestock and most big game will disappear within a relatively brief period of time.

With literally millions of starving people escaping the cities, livestock will become virtually extinct. Transients will kill anything they find, cut off what they can carry, and quickly leave…..hoping to remain alive.

Game won't fair much better, our G&F protect our game with kill limits, and hunter license restrictions. Without these in place, and the majority of people with no means of preserving or freezing the meat, much of the meat from animals killed will be lost. In time, game will become near extinct.

A pond, hopefully somewhat out of site from transients, will offer a better long term meat/protein survival source. As, many will not even be aware of it, it will require time to catch a fish…..time that most won't take for fear of dying by gunshot!

A secluded, stocked pond in the aforementioned rural area could be a life changer!

Just one more item from my list of things to do/have. If you're wondering if I have all of this……a resounding no! But, some may have the time and finances to accomplish much of this! memtb

I like Italian foods. So I stock up on pastas & sauces. Canned goods, etc. Canned milk doesn't taste the best on cereal. But it does work in a pinch. And works quite well when cooking. Cucumber salad made with onions & canned milk is the bomb.

" City folk:"
A guy at work made a stupid comment about deer hunting and another guy laughed and said "you city folks are stupid about hunting". I replied that I take offense to that comment since I live in town. He said that there's a difference between living in town and actually being city folk.😉
And yea memtb I do have a truck. 🤣