7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

The De-resonator or donut help with the dampen harmonics some.I'll put it this way,I didn't waste the 20 bucks I spent on it.

I put one on my dads Ruger M77 in 300WinMag several years ago. It took a while to find the "sweet spot" on the barrel where it changed the vibration enough, but it went from a 2 incher at 100yds down to less than 1 inch, so yeah they work if you take the time to learn the "sweet spot"

I saw that STW on gunbroker, there are a couple of nice ones on there. The first few in Canada are to arrive this week, going to chat to one of the lucky owners after it hits the range. They look nice and I have looked at other Coopers....never pulled the trigger on one though so to speak!

Sackett,that is 100% right,the trick to it is finding the sweet spot.Almost every barrel its different,but it will definitely shrink your group.Some of us have to use the ugly donut as we can't afford to buy the best of the best,out of the box,so we do what we have to do....................

Just wanted to throw a hand up at my partner in crime 7STW .........Thanks Bud ....a new build for my son is on the way sporting a Hogue stock that he fell in love with.....Your the man

No problem , and again, my pleasure!!! Let me know if you need anything for the new build. I have some " connections" here locally, and not too far from where you live too! Has he picked a caliber yet??. He has a good teacher!!

All Rite Y'all Here is 7STW's latest build in the Bobby Hart LRT.....That rig looks awesome

Attachments

• bobby h.jpg
    bobby h.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 23
  • bobbyh2.jpg
    bobbyh2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 20
  • bobbyh3.jpg
    bobbyh3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 23
  • bobbyh4.jpg
    bobbyh4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 20
Well guys, it is Nearly complete now. She's a shooter just like she sits, but I am going to replace the scope, with a 6-18 Leupold target turret, medium crosshair. One more payment and it's mine.
This stock is truly awesome, and feels as good as it looks in hand. Anchor point and alignment with scope is PERFECT, and the cheek weld is amazing. Mounting was no problem, action screws were perfect. This stock is pillar bedded, already. I thought it was just plain wood, with no assist at all. It has two aluminum sleeves in each of the action screw holes. Generous barrel clearance, and snug around the action, really nice fit. No one would ever believe how this all came to be, and I'll leave it at that, but I am the lucky dog today. Truly lucky!!!
I will recommend this stock to anybody is in the hunt, but can't make up there mind, like I was for a long time. I hymmed and hauled for quite awhile, and I'm glad that I stuck to my guns,( pardon the pun), and ended up with this beauty. Thanks to all that have commented, and followed the progression. What a great " crew" we have here. Hey, Dano, where are you????

7stw,

I'm right here, I'bve been reading posts, but not having much to say.

That's one sharp looking rig. I was looking at the Bobby Hart LRT stock for my rifle as well, but the black and grey laminate. I happened into the H-S-precision that it currently wears for quite a bit less.

Is the 6-18 Leupold a Vari-XIII ? I like the 30mm V-XIII series. I know that there are those who don't like them, but mine is the best I have and it's awesome.

I let my friend shoot my 7STW and the 180g Bergers (yesterday) and he turned out a 5 shot group that you could cover with a dime. I didn't do so well, but it's nice to see it can really shoot.

I didn't draw my bull Elk tag, so I'll have to hunt a open cow elk hunt, so I guess the 7stw will be up for that.

Later,

Dan

Sounds like their sibling- the new vanguard is gaining a following. I had an older vanguard and it was probably the least accurate rifle I've owned, and the trigger felt like it was full of sand. It sounds like howa and wby have gotten their stuff together somewhat better, but I still don't like the kool-aid after I've tasted it once.

I had a vanguard in 7mm. Built into a 7stw. I even had it on a full aluminum axiom stock like the one in the picture. It shot very well, the triggers can be worked on and mine was. It broke clean at 2.5 lbs.

I sold it because i happened to find a 700 in 7Stw with a mcmillan stock for sale.

The newer Vanguards and Howas are pretty nice guns for the money. They may need a little work, but dont set your mind in one direction. Who would have thought 20 years ago that Savage would be building such great shooters? Companies can improve.

I think that's why Howa is trying to put out good stuff. It's hard to break into this market. If Savage were to change their trigger to accept jewel's and get rid of their safety fear no one would buy anything but Savages today. That is their only real issue, SAFETY replacement for those who are not accepting of the accutrigger. They break nice, but I don't like the clunky feel with gloves on+ if set lightly, they lock when you close the bolt. Totally turns me off or I'd have nothing but Savages. The action and barrel swapping are top shelf for the do it yourself customizer and their prices are really attractive.