7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

GUYS, I have a announcement that a few of you will recall me mentioning it a while ago. I don't even know where to begin, but I am getting that Winchester Custom Sharpshooter!!!!!!!! The owner of the gunshop gave me first option today. The price is $1200.00. SOLD flew out of my mouth so fast you would not even believe. This happened earlier today, and I have been so excited, I haven't even been able to sit down and tell you all about, particularly, Ed, Dano, Butterbean, Fred.
This gun was a closet queen for about 12-15 years. It was owned by
a guy who worked at the gunshop. He got sick, and sold it to the owner of the gunshot. I was there when he put the scope on it, and I saw it shoot at the gun range . Guys, I can't even type!!!
My son and I went out for breakfast this morning, and we stopped in " just to poke around". The owner saw me come in, and smiled. He said I have something to show you! He pulled out the Sharpshooter, and I was confused at first. I thought it was another one. After about 10 seconds, I realized that this was the one he had, and as promised, he gave me first option. He had put the price tag on it, before I came in. That was his asking price regardless of if I bought it, or anyone else. I gave him $60 bucks to hold it, and I told him I am going to trade in my 300 ultra mag Sendero II , towards it as well. He said OK, and put it behind the counter. I haven't been right since.
This gun has a Schneider stainless barrel, and a McMillan stock. Trigger is SwEEEEEET. So I an going to sacrifice the 300 RUM, but I think I am getting a heck of gun . If it was any other time, I would have done it a little different, but I am close to finishing the other gun, and the 300 was the only thing that will barter with. Guys, I am telling you, my hands are shaking as I am typing this, and thank God for spell check! Talk to me boys!!!!!

Boy and I thought my 5 year old daughter was excited today as it is her birthday!! Congrats on your new gun sounds like a heck of a gun!! Enjoy!!

GUYS, I have a announcement that a few of you will recall me mentioning it a while ago. I don't even know where to begin, but I am getting that Winchester Custom Sharpshooter!!!!!!!! The owner of the gunshop gave me first option today. The price is $1200.00. SOLD flew out of my mouth so fast you would not even believe. This happened earlier today, and I have been so excited, I haven't even been able to sit down and tell you all about, particularly, Ed, Dano, Butterbean, Fred.
a guy who worked at the gunshop. He got sick, and sold it to the owner of the gunshot. I was there when he put the scope on it, and I saw it shoot at the gun range . Guys, I can't even type!!!
My son and I went out for breakfast this morning, and we stopped in " just to poke around". The owner saw me come in, and smiled. He said I have something to show you! He pulled out the Sharpshooter, and I was confused at first. I thought it was another one. After about 10 seconds, I realized that this was the one he had, and as promised, he gave me first option. He had put the price tag on it, before I came in. That was his asking price regardless of if I bought it, or anyone else. I gave him $60 bucks to hold it, and I told him I am going to trade in my 300 ultra mag Sendero II , towards it as well. He said OK, and put it behind the counter. I haven't been right since.
This gun has a Schneider stainless barrel, and a McMillan stock. Trigger is SwEEEEEET. So I an going to sacrifice the 300 RUM, but I think I am getting a heck of gun . If it was any other time, I would have done it a little different, but I am close to finishing the other gun, and the 300 was the only thing that will barter with. Guys, I am telling you, my hands are shaking as I am typing this, and thank God for spell check! Talk to me boys!!!!!

Congrats!!!

I did not see what the caliber of this rifle.

What is it?

7stw, Im at a loss for words my brother, I know how you feel, Thats how I was over the Laredo and I know you will never turn loose of it but if you do I hope im first in line.......as for trading the RUM........WHO CARES BROTHER...... ITS A SHARPSHOOTER ......Congrats my Brother

Sweet!!

Boy and I thought my 5 year old daughter was excited today as it is her birthday!! Congrats on your new gun sounds like a heck of a gun!! Enjoy!!

Oh my God, excited doesn't even begin to discribe this. This is a right down to the guts excitement. Better than Christmas day when we were kids. ( some of us still are, thats the secret), kind of excitement. I have shelled out a few bucks recently buying donor guns, keeping them, then buying another gun as a donor, and having it put together, but I was NOT letting this jewel get away. That 300 RUM had some good history to it, but I am going to MAKE history with this baby!!! Ha ha ..
As far as the barnes bullets go, from your other thread, I hve not heard of anyone shooting them out of a STW, but I am sure they are capable of doing the job. I am gaining a little respect for the Barnes bullets of late.I have a few rifles that shoot them well, but have yet to pull the trigger with brown in the cross hair yet. I am going to try some out in July on a crop damage hunt. We shall see. I have heard good things on the MRX.

What else, 7MM STW. Very, VERY rare, and this thing is a shooter. Also, very low round count. Less than a hundred.

Bob,

Woo Hoo Buddy, you have absolutely won the jackpot being that this rifle is a 7mm STW!

I have two feelings going on inside of me right now. I am very, very happy for you but I am soooo envious too! :)

No wonder you are so excited right now.

It could not happen to a nicer guy who really appreciates this incredible caliber in an awesome rifle!

Congratulations again Buddy.

Not to derail the sharpshooter direction, but I got back last night, and took apart my new sendero STW, and it looks like it might be a factory stock, it has the full length aluminum bedding block with pillars. When I took the recoil pad and aluminum spacer off, this is what I found...Looks like someone mortised out a hole, and filled it in with some sort of compound that has little bb's in it to make it heavier!

Attachments

• DSC_0120.jpg
    DSC_0120.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 25
Not to derail the sharpshooter direction, but I got back last night, and took apart my new sendero STW, and it looks like it might be a factory stock, it has the full length aluminum bedding block with pillars. When I took the recoil pad and aluminum spacer off, this is what I found...Looks like someone mortised out a hole, and filled it in with some sort of compound that has little bb's in it to make it heavier!
has it been skim bedded? and did you say it had a big palm swell

Somebody had to do a lot of work to make those changes. The original recoil pad is glued on and is a pain to remove cleanly, never mind mortise the butt, and fill it with the weights. Then put a plate on the butt! How doe a the rest of the gun look? Barrel, action trigger, muzzle. Don't forget to check the crown.

Butterbean--Saw the pics, looks good! No skim bedding, yes really big palm swell. Action looks to be fine, although its filthy! Factory trigger feels like it has been tuned. Don't have a trigger pull gauge, but it feels pretty light, guessing about 3-4 lbs. It has a removable muzzle brake, and the crown looks to be good, as best as my non gunsmith eyes can see. Barrel was turned down 1/2 inch or so for the threading and then I'm assuming it was recrowned

Recent Posts