7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

What calibers did the go from/to? I have an A-Bolt II I have been wanting to rebarrel, but have been thinking for ease, money, and convenience just keep it a 7mm RM...

The re chambers were seven mag to begin with. The browning just had to be reamed to STW, no set back needed. That thing is STUPID accurate!

The re chambers were seven mag to begin with. The browning just had to be reamed to STW, no set back needed. That thing is STUPID accurate!
What did yall do about the detachable mag, or was this at the time before Browning used the detachable mags?

Thanks for the info. I had debated on converting my 7Mag to either a .280 AI or another 7mmSTW. Just trying to figure out the most cost-effective option. I know keeping it a 7Mag would be the cheapest option. But I just want to have another custom right now, and the Browning is the only rifle I have that has things about it I want to change. I'll probabyl just rebarrel it and leave it a 7Mag.

My smith has been using Douglas since he started smithing 50+ years ago, so he gets a great deal on them. Thinking Douglas XX Air-Gauged (their top-tier barrels) @ 26" finished length, 1:9 twist, and having my smith chamber it for 7mm RemMag. Should be a shooter. What do yall think?

Rem Sendero contour....So about .860" at the muzzle.

I did the trigger already myself, so all that's left is a stock. I want a Sendero stock for it, but nobody makes one, and I doubt there's any way to make one fit...Unless we have anyone who's tried it, which any help or info would be great.

I know alot of yall know a ton more than me, and we have a few professional smiths that post in here, so figured maybe we might could colaborate on knowledge between all the minds in here and figure out how to make one of thise stocks work.

I'd go 7stm by just rechambering the 7mag, shoot it out and think a new build through.

Well, I already have my Sendero SF 7mmSTW that was a factory job. And it's still got lots of life left in her (yall say about +/- 1,500 shots or so, right?). If so, I probably still got 2/3 of her barrel life left. So she'll last me for quite a while. And when I have to rebarrel it, I plan on going back with 7mmSTW. :D

The Browning is already a 7Mag, so I just thought about doing the rebarrel with a better barrel since it's my main deer rifle.

I plan on getting a cheap ADL from Academy for $350 or so, then stripping it and building a custom .280 AI on that. But it will be later down the road. I gotta cover every aspect of the 7mm chamberings.... LOL

Hope to make it into the Brotherhood with my 7 STW SF Bought it when they first came out. Its stock except for a 2.5# trigger job. She's been in the safe until now, just woke her up and put on new mounts and scope. It carries a Near one pc. ti mount and a Zeiss 6.5-20x50. She likes older Federal Premium 160 gamekings to about .5@100. Just bought some nosler custom 160 accubond and Doubletap 160 AB to try since no more fed. gamekings.

I'm curious if you could simply just take away some material to make it fit, or what would have to be done.

I will pull one of my 700 stocks and my A-Bolt stock tonight and compare the 2...

If there's a way to make it work, I think that would be cool and unique.

Hell, it would probably be cheaper and alot easier just to have HS or B&C make me a stock...

Hope to make it into the Brotherhood with my 7 STW SF Bought it when they first came out. Its stock except for a 2.5# trigger job. She's been in the safe until now, just woke her up and put on new mounts and scope. It carries a Near one pc. ti mount and a Zeiss 6.5-20x50. She likes older Federal Premium 160 gamekings to about .5@100. Just bought some nosler custom 160 accubond and Doubletap 160 AB to try since no more fed. gamekings.

Welcome aboard Reach. Let us know how the new ammo shoots!

Recent Posts