6.5creedmoor vs 7mm08 for whitetails under 350 yards

There has been a huge surge in 6.5creedmoor lately and I think I want to jump in on that train. I do already own a 7mm08 for my wife and she loves the rifle... many people on here would say "since you already have reloading dies for that why not stick with it"...well I am a tinkerer so a new caliber is always welcome in our stable. My concerns are two fold though...is the 6.5creedmoor here to stay or will it become difficult to find ammo over the counter and brass for reloading? Is the 6.5cm truly a good whitetail caliber OR is it more towards the unsuitable side similar to a 243 (I am a believe in dead is dead so why not have the horse power if you do not mind the recoil). yes I know plenty of 243s have killed a ton of deer but I still think it is a marginal caliber for strictly deer.
8 of the last 10 rifles my buddies have bought or built have been in 6.5 CM. I don't think it's going anywhere, the fever is actually getting worse (or better, depending on how ya look at it):D. If I were to want one rifle to hunt deer out to medium ranges (600 or so) where I live (basically sea level) then the 6.5 CM would fill the bill nicely. I would love to have a lefty version of my buddy's Tikka CTR 6.5.

05B27CD8-3554-4F54-B246-8E767669F0F6.jpeg
7EF953FA-0912-4415-92B5-F704545480CE.jpeg
For only out to 350 yrds the 7mm will have more knockdown power. On both ends.

??? Factory Ammunition...Hornady 6.5 CM vs. Nosler 7mm-08.....and the CM is over 100 fps less velocity with these factory loads!

8 of the last 10 rifles my buddies have bought or built have been in 6.5 CM. I don't think it's going anywhere, the fever is actually getting worse (or better, depending on how ya look at it):D. If I were to want one rifle to hunt deer out to medium ranges (600 or so) where I live (basically sea level) then the 6.5 CM would fill the bill nicely. I would love to have a lefty version of my buddy's Tikka CTR 6.5.
I think there's a whole lot of truth here. My bet would be that the 6.5CM will be as prevalent 30 years from now as the .243 winchester was for the last two generations of the last century.

Not exactly a valid comparison since you're using a heavy for caliber 6.5 and comparing it to a light for caliber 7mm-08.
Exactly, toss in a Berger 175 Elite Hunter in the 7mm-08, and see how those ballistics runout. :D

A 147 ELD vs. a 175 Elite Hunter would be a fairly apples-to-apples comparison. They're not the heaviest for caliber available, but about the same weight for caliber on the scale.

Not exactly a valid comparison since you're using a heavy for caliber 6.5 and comparing it to a light for caliber 7mm-08.
It may have already been posted but shouldn't it be matched up by b.c.'s. The 6.5PRC just needs to be a.i.'d.....

It may have already been posted but shouldn't it be matched up by b.c.'s. The 6.5PRC just needs to be a.i.'d.....
That's called the 6.5 SS (Sherman Shortmag)... Been around a LOT longer than the 6.5 PRC (Prostituted Repetitive Crap)...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.