6.5 PRC Sherman Improved

Respectfully, I don't share your thoughts on no need for comparison testing. ;) Is there a file dump that contains all of this data? Thanks!
I agree that one barrel would be a great test, but even then there would be the variable of amount of rounds down the barrel. The best test might be 10 rifles each with carefully controlled testing and take the avg but who has time or $$ to do that.
I think what IS clear is that if you look at the data overall, you realize that even the fastest 22" barreled PRC's wont come close to the numbers Lance put up with the SI. Can we say with absolute certainty that the avg is say, 102 fps gain? Of course not, but there is no denying a very significant gain and when a few more hit the field, I think the evidence will be more clear.

I agree that one barrel would be a great test, but even then there would be the variable of amount of rounds down the barrel. The best test might be 10 rifles each with carefully controlled testing and take the avg but who has time or $$ to do that.
I think what IS clear is that if you look at the data overall, you realize that even the fastest 22" barreled PRC's wont come close to the numbers Lance put up with the SI. Can we say with absolute certainty that the avg is say, 102 fps gain? Of course not, but there is no denying a very significant gain and when a few more hit the field, I think the evidence will be more clear.
I have an excellent candidate for this...

It's a Lilja 7-twist 6.5 PRC barrel that I've only got 80 rounds on. Eliminating the clickers without having to use a small base ring die would be nice. Presumably, this reamer would clean it up with minimal setback of the barrel?

I have an excellent candidate for this...

It's a Lilja 7-twist 6.5 PRC barrel that I've only got 80 rounds on. Eliminating the clickers without having to use a small base ring die would be nice. Presumably, this reamer would clean it up with minimal setback of the barrel?
Should be pretty much zero setback needed. I found .002-.003" more freebore than standard PRC, and the reamer was designed to clean up an existing chamber.

If you want to see all my testing

Respectfully, I don't share your thoughts on no need for comparison testing. ;) Is there a file dump that contains all of this data? Thanks!

Yes Books. PO Ackley wrote 5 while not all directly focused on the improvements of wildcats still some good info.

More books
Wildcat Cartridges by Fred Zeglin.
The hand loaders manual of Cartridge Conversions, Volumes by John J. Donnelly
Wildcat Cartridges, Volumes by Ken waters

This rifle is 26 inch barrel 7.5 twist. I'll update on fps and powder. I'm going to try to run h1000 and see what happens.
Good choice for a clean, cool, and very stable option.
I would FF at about 54.0-55.9gr.
Then look around the 57.5 to 61.0 range with the 144s. I think that 26" will really spit them out. I got 3023fps w. A 156 and 22" w. H1000. I bet you might see 3200.

Good choice for a clean, cool, and very stable option.
I would FF at about 54.0-55.9gr.
Then look around the 57.5 to 61.0 range with the 144s. I think that 26" will really spit them out. I got 3023fps w. A 156 and 22" w. H1000. I bet you might see 3200.
That's the hope. I really wanna see what rl 23 does to it. I bet it brings it alive. Fireforming tomorrow so should have pictures and speeds. Just picked up the rifle so I will see about posting pictures later.

RL23 w. 144s might get you a bit better than H1000.
I hit 3168fps with zero pressure using the 140 Hybs. 3194fps had the very slightest click at primary extraction, with no other pressure signs. Again, in a 22" barrel. I would venture to say 80-100fps+ with an extra 4" of barrel length could be very realistic. 3250 is a real possibility.

Gun is back home wife says no pictures. Fire formed a case at the house. Gun looks good. Tomorrow's range day!
Unless that rifle is for me....you could text me a photo or two. But...if it is for me, I can wait until I see it first hand...

Unless that rifle is for me....you could text me a photo or two. But...if it is for me, I can wait until I see it first hand...
It would be a honor to build a rifle for you but I need some of Rich's money to do it right. Shoot me a pm with your number. Foreforming went well with junk components minus brass. I used some cheap large rifle primers and 50 grains of Super proformance powder, 140 Barnes match burners and we had fun out to 1109 on steel.

Forgot to mention fireforming loads were at 2949-2963 on a brand new barrel. Man I'm impressed with these benchmarks they were cleaning up in 9 patches after 15 rounds.

It would nice to see this test but in the same barrel, rechambered, to eliminate a major variable. Has anyone ever done it this way?
That would have taken a LOT longer (I was 11 weeks of testing as it was), and with shooting 260 rounds out of each rifle during testing, would have really taken its toll on the barrel life.

I sent 47 down this gun in 3 hours!!! Granted I had to clean and had another rifle to switch between. I couldn't fathom the range time needed to test that. All I know is I'm excited to load this bad thing up and see where she lands at 1274