375 EnABELR Build

Guess I should get some load development going.

Chambered barrels and action arrived today. They were chambered by none other than Shaen Magan. He built my 338 Norma and it's an absolute tack driver.

As the rifle sits it is coming in at 27lbs. I figure 35lbs with a magazine and ammo.

View attachment 531095
Looking Great! Now to just SHOOT IT!

Kind of day where you sit inside and load ammo.

IMG_7538.jpeg

Well, I have 50 rounds down the tube finally.

First time I went out was -1° so I didn't do too much shooting. I was on paper, but the scope was bottomed out and I was still hitting almost 18" low, and this was on the 300 yard line. So, I took off the 60 MOA rail and put the other rail on. It said 25 on it, so I was scratching my head because I ordered a 40.

Went and shot today and was chasing my tail all over trying to get on paper. Turns out it was a 40 MOA rail, because I dialed up to roughly 26 MOA and was back on paper.

Top speed was 2948 with 125.5gn's of Retumbo. I'm going to back it down though since I was getting pressure signs.

Going to have to get a custom sizing die made. Had a replacement sent after the first one was rounding off the shoulders and the new one I have seems to be much tighter. I ruined two cases because it sizes them so small.

Did some measuring on a brand new case and it measures .002/.003" smaller than my fired case.

New case at the 200 line is .6545"
Fired at the 200 line is .656/.657"

This lines up with my reamer print at .659" for the 200 line.

I did see that PTG has an EnABELR II reamer out.

EnABELR (Custom Fit) II Chamber Reamer (Live Pilot)

ATTENTION: Original Manson reamer was large; this print fits the brass with record results.

IMG_7970.jpeg

Last edited: