.300 Norma magnum for hunting??

How is the Petersen brass doing so far? I have heard good things from a few folks that have it in hand.

Only got about 20 rounds with it thus far and didn't do detailed analysis.

Initial thoughts:
-Very nicely packaged
-Necks are a little thicker than norma - got sticky in my Giraud case holder but seem very uniform in neck thickness
-Primer pockets are tighter than norma out of the box
-Could use a chamfer/debur out of the box
-Must have a little higher case capacity than Norma

I just chamfer/deburred, primed, and loaded with my standard H1000 charge and a 230 target hybrid, no case sizing. It printed bug holes at about 15 FPS slower than the same charge shoots in Norma brass.

I haven't been able to measure case web growth yet which has caused sticky extraction after 2 or 3x firings in Norma Brass for me. Hopefully these are a little more stout in that area.

Hopefully if they are stronger as expected and more volume they are using a tougher brass alloy (lapua) and or using that double drawing tech when forming the cases. That seems to be what the case manf company's that are known for tough but not excessively thick heavy brass do.

I would almost split the difference and go 7mm mag. Large differences between the two. Kinda like 12 gauge vs 410. 308 vs 6.5 is almost a better comparison, and of those I would go 308 if you're wanting some elk action.

I'm having a 300 Norma Improved built by Ryan Pierce as soon as his Lapua bolt face Kelbly's show up. I'm curious if anyone has an update on the Lapua brass availability? The SHOT show was a while ago! What are your thoughts on the 300 norma vs. the 300 norma improved, and which shoulder angle is working best for you?

I'm having a 300 Norma Improved built by Ryan Pierce as soon as his Lapua bolt face Kelbly's show up. I'm curious if anyone has an update on the Lapua brass availability? The SHOT show was a while ago! What are your thoughts on the 300 norma vs. the 300 norma improved, and which shoulder angle is working best for you?
I have a set of whidden dies built, 30° shoulder, still waiting for order my reamer. I talked to Ryan about my build as well.

I have an improved 300 Norma and I love it. About 100fps more velocity (I shoot Berger 230s at about 3060 with great brass life). I am runnning a 40 degree improved built by Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs. It has worked extremely well for me. No feeding issues from an AICS magazine and case stretch is non-existent. I love not having to trim brass. My fireforming loads with the 230s go about 2960 and still shoot 0.5 MOA. What's not to like?

They claimed late quarter 2 so my guess would be fall of 2019, right along with the 245 berger.