280 AI with Hornady 162ELD-X load data?

Thanks Vince,
I may do some experimenting, but will likely end up opting for a different bullet. Have not had these accuracy issues with any other bullet, and may just move onto greener pastures.
If this is a hunting load, and you have another hunting bullet, either cup and core or mono, just bail on the ELDX. I like the ELDX, I use it in 6.5 CM, .270 Win, 280 AI and 30.06. But there’s many great terminal impact accurate hunting bullets, so don’t frustrate yourself trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

I don't give a tinkers dam about sammi spec or book max OAL. I have one rifle that shoots the 150g Nosler LRAB jumping .210, no other rifle will duplicate this load, same caliber, same manufacturer which is a model 7 in 7/08.

I will shoot my bolt guns as a single shot or a two shot rifle to get the accuracy I want if the OAL is too long.

Hi,
I believe the range was between 10-50 thou. I contacted the Hornady Engineers, and they recommended 30. If I remember correctly, the 50 thou jump put my COAL below SAMMI spec.
I dont pay attention to saami. As long as you have one caliber length in the neck or close to it and the bullet is seated in the bearing surface. On my sons 7 mag we wound up at close to 100 off and it went from 1” to .6”. I also noted hornadys seating depth on their 162 in 7 mag was 3.235 versus the normal 3.290. Thats pretty close to where we wound up.