280 AI Production Rifle Recommendation

Recently purchased the xbolt long range max. Stock, trigger, ease of shooting all great. However we can not make it group less than 2" with 162 hornadys and H4831. About to try 150's and have 165 and 175 on the way. 1/8 twist. Any suggestions are appreciated, as I'm closed to ready to sell it.

Recently purchased the xbolt long range max. Stock, trigger, ease of shooting all great. However we can not make it group less than 2" with 162 hornadys and H4831. About to try 150's and have 165 and 175 on the way. 1/8 twist. Any suggestions are appreciated, as I'm closed to ready to sell it.
Try heavy and long bullets. My X-Bolt speed only like the heaviest, longest bullets. The 168LRX specifically.

1:10 twist here and no problem shooting 160 AB.
I'm using IMR 7828 with 160's. I would try a different powder and or primer or play with the seating depth. All my Xbolt's shoot well under 1"

Perhaps take out barreled action and inspect the factory bedding for possible improvement opportunities? My two x-bolt are my only bolt guns that I have not bedded myself as they shoot well with factory bedding. However mine are the carbon stocks and I've not had the op0ortunity to play with the composite stocks yet.

I want to try my hand at the 280 Ackley but don't want to spend $3000+ on a custom type rifle. Would love to hear some recommendations on a good production rifle. Seems that Kimber produces their excellent mountain line in 280 Ackley, as well as some Savage and Weatherby offerings. Can anyone recommend something that I could get into and be shooting in the next week or so?
The Savage High Country might be a place to look. I have one in 270 win and it is wonderfully accurate with factory ammo. In fact, it shoots so well, I don't waste my time handloading for it. Additionally, it is threaded for a suppressor; however, the factory trigger was replaced with a Timney.

Mine is liking the LR 168 Accubonds.

I want to try my hand at the 280 Ackley but don't want to spend $3000+ on a custom type rifle. Would love to hear some recommendations on a good production rifle. Seems that Kimber produces their excellent mountain line in 280 Ackley, as well as some Savage and Weatherby offerings. Can anyone recommend something that I could get into and be shooting in the next week or so?
I bought a Kimber Pro Hunter in .280 Ackley last year for $899 on sale. It shoots .5 MOA with Hornady Long Range Hunter ammo.

We tried 150 grains this afternoon. POA is the red 3/4" circle. Same thing it's been doing with 162's. I'm not sure what is going on. I tried federal premiums and it won't put 5 in a 2 1/2" circle.

Attachments

• IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 23