.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

Well, we just secured our avenue to export to UK and Europe so that is looking great. Need to find a retailer who is willing to distribute Blackjack Bullets & Blanks up North and in Australia if you guys have any contacts.

Pretty exciting to see some bullets scheduled to go overseas already.

View attachment 100535
If I can't find a powder or bullets I contact Doug Rainer at rainershine gunworks. I don't know if he can bring them up but he will have a better idea than I do on who to contact
https://raynershinegunworks.com/

Guys we are giving away 500 free 131 ACE bullets on Facebook. Just go to facebook.com/blackjackbulletco & share the post about our Get Comped program.

Still trying to figure out a way to include hunters in the Get Comped program - if you have ideas please let me know!

Everyone will receive a special item inside the boxes of bullets that will be key in the Get Comped program.

You could say it's a lot like Blackjack if you know what I mean.

facebook quality.jpg

What if we don't use FakeBook or other social media???

You probably save a lot of time and headache then lol.

I'd like to toss your name in that raffle's hat since you are a 25 cal guy but I need to honor those terms I set out on that giveaway. We will do one here for the guys that buy-in before the bullets arrive. Our banners should go up advertising in the next few days so people will casually start to notice.

Keep me updated, so I know when to place a pre-order. Bullets are cheaper than barrels, so if I can get a stash of bullets a little at at time, then get a tube, I'll be in good shape. There's a method to my madness. ;)

257 Blackjack... Your bullet got here today. I just got home about 30 minutes ago, and got work early tomorrow, so hopefully tomorrow evening or over the 4th holiday, I'll have some time to make up my .25-06 AI dummy round, and get some pics and specs up.

Hey Miles, since I only got 1 bullet I need the bearing surface length for the 131 ACE, so I can do the math and then measure with my calipers, to build my .25-06 AI dummy round, so I can get really precise for the reamer specs.

I normally use 2 and slowly seat one, while comparing it next to the other bullet outside the case, to find where my depth is in the case, but in this case, I'll have to do it the scientific way. :D I went looking back through the thread for the specs, but didn't see it. If you want, you can send it to me in a PM.

Thanks

Hey Miles, since I only got 1 bullet I need the bearing surface length for the 131 ACE, so I can do the math and then measure with my calipers, to build my .25-06 AI dummy round, so I can get really precise for the reamer specs.

I normally use 2 and slowly seat one, while comparing it next to the other bullet outside the case, to find where my depth is in the case, but in this case, I'll have to do it the scientific way. :D I went looking back through the thread for the specs, but didn't see it. If you want, you can send it to me in a PM.

Thanks
I'll PM you in a sec. Just finishing up price adjustments on the 4th of July Sale we are having on our Lilja blanks on the website! Lilja's willbe $45 off for 48 hours starting now!

july 4th.jpg

Untitled.png

Mudrunner,
I've ordred 2 Rock Creek Sendero barrels and a 25 x 47 reamer. Hoping to have everything ready by the time bullets arrive. I too, am a Barlein fan and have shot most of the major manufacturers. Rock Creek was actually my first choice. My 6 x 47 was built by Patriot Valley with a Rock Creek barrel and it pushes by bench gun. You wouldn't be disappointed with a Rock Creek.

Alright, my dummy round is made... This bullet is an absolute monster! I can't wait to see a hunting version! Combined with the power and speed of the .25-06 AI, deer to 1,000 yards should be possible.

.25-06 AI 40º Shoulder...

My measurements I get are are 3.391" COAL, and 2.703" from base-to-ogive. These measurements put the boat tail as the only thing hanging into the case, so it utilizes nearly 100% of the case's capacity, and the neck's length for a full grip on the bearing surface. This COAL will also allow you to seat the bullets as long as you need, and still have plenty of room in a Remington 700 long action.

If I was to spec out a reamer, I would make the lands engagement at 2.718". That way at the current COAL, you are sitting exactly .015" off the lands, giving you the best chance for accuracy, and your off the lands far enough to avoid pressure spikes.

Here's a picture...

fullsizeoutput_1706.jpeg

Alright, my dummy round is made... This bullet is an absolute monster! I can't wait to see a hunting version! Combined with the power and speed of the .25-06 AI, deer to 1,000 yards should be possible.

.25-06 AI 40º Shoulder...

My measurements I get are are 3.391" COAL, and 2.703" from base-to-ogive. These measurements put the boat tail as the only thing hanging into the case, so it utilizes nearly 100% of the case's capacity, and the neck's length for a full grip on the bearing surface. This COAL will also allow you to seat the bullets as long as you need, and still have plenty of room in a Remington 700 long action.

If I was to spec out a reamer, I would make the lands engagement at 2.718". That way at the current COAL, you are sitting exactly .015" off the lands, giving you the best chance for accuracy, and your off the lands far enough to avoid pressure spikes.

Here's a picture...

View attachment 101056

She's a beaut!

For anyone wondering, this specific bullet is from the run of HP's we tested compared the actual production bullets that will be pointed meplats. We have sent out a number of these HP's for guys to setup dummy rounds. The pointed bullets are 0.005" longer. : )

She's a beaut!

For anyone wondering, this specific bullet is from the run of HP's we tested compared the actual production bullets that will be pointed meplats. We have sent out a number of these HP's for guys to setup dummy rounds. The pointed bullets are 0.005" longer. : )
Miles, for COAL, I included an extra .005" over the HP's measurement, since the ACE is slightly longer. So, my COAL number I posted up, is for a 131 ACE. For the HP, subtract .005". :D

Base to ogive measurement will remain the same, regardless of HP or ACE, according to what you told me.

Recent Posts