25-06 vs 6.5 creedmore

A 120 ELD-X would not stabilize in a 10 twist barrel, hene the 110.

And did I read write about the 25 wssm being sighted in 6" high at 100? Seems like that could cause major issues on any shot under 200 yards.b
Yeah, it could cause problems. But like all statisticians I realize that I'm about 9 inches high at 250 yards (the highest arc of my bullet trajectory) when 6 inches high @ 100 yards. When I shot my bull at 80 yards I aimed about 6 inches low of where I wanted to place my shot. I prefer the longer zero so I don't have to dial in or adjust too much when making longer shots. I only have a 3x9 scope and it's no different than aiming high. It would be the reverse at closer ranges. Yep, a 120 grain eld-x would not stabilize in a 1:10 twist barrel and would hamper bullet sales. Interestingly I used to load the 115 grain Barnes tsx in my 25 wssm. These bullets need a 1:9 twist but mine shot good, printing .4 inch 3 shot groups @ 200 yards @ 3100 FPS.

I shoot a sendero SFII 25-06 with 115gr bergers and I am at 3300 FPS too. I was actually shocked when i chronoed it. In fact i thought my chrono was broken and had to borrow another one to confirm. It is one of my favorite guns. It is primarily my daytime coyote gun now (i shoot a sendero sfII in 204 when i am spottlighting), but I shot a decent 5 point elk with it about 5 years ago. One shot and done. I bought my 11 year old son a 6.5 creedmoor and I also have a 260. I wouldn't call either of those fast and flat, I like them for ranges out past 600 yards because of the high BC bullets we shoot in them, but I have taken coyotes with the 25-06 out past 600 yards. Its a sweet round.
How many grains of what kind of powder do you get a 115 grain VLD to leave the muzzle at 3300 FPS? I imagine your Sendero 25-06 has a 26 inch barrel to achieve those velocities. Because I can't find load data anywhere to support these claims. I'm not saying your lying, and I know they don't typically publish really hot loads, but every time I've tried to push the envelope with any gun I own, it's tough to achieve velocities way faster than published velocities. My 30-378 Weatherby with a 26 inch barrel will not go much faster than 50-100 FPS faster than published velocities without having a sticky bolt and even having primers fall out of cases if I try pushing pressures that high.

I'll check when I get home for sure, but I am pretty sure I am at max or a grain over. I am guessing published velocities in the 30-338 are out of a 26" test barrel? Most 25-06 are out of a 24". So I already get a head start with my 26" barrel. But I get it - it was hard for me to believe too. When i was load developing I wasn't trying to chase a magic number as far as velocity goes, I was just trying to get something to shoot around .5 inches. I use Hodgdon 4831sc...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.