25-06 vs 6.5 creedmore

I'm a Pro 243 win person. Rem 700 with a 26 inch varmint contour 9 1/8th twist. I also have a custom 257AI 26 inch. You get a little more barrel life and in the 243 cases are plentiful. I made 1000's from range pickup 308's

Mainly coyote and groundhog 200-700 yds, deer 50-300 yds, and target shooting out to about 500. Really just getting into varmits and longer range shooting. Have 22-250 22 inch and 308 26 inch hv barrel.

6 creed. Small, fast, and will do all the things you have mentioned, and do it well.

Richard

If you looking to buy a nice shooting rifle that wont break the bank and do all you have described, Christensen Arms 6.5 creed is the route i would take.
In a 6.5 creed, 26'' barrel not necessary. 22-24'' all you need.

6 creed. Small, fast, and will do all the things you have mentioned, and do it well.

Richard

Took a speed goat in NM with my new 6 creed at 330 yards a few weeks ago. 105gr Berger hunting VLD's dropped him in his tracks. Headed to Wyoming in a couple weeks and will be hunting with this rifle.

The question at hand was 25-06 vs 6.5 cm. We're just stating the facts. A varmint won't be any deader with a fast 25 than a slower 6.5. The Cm will do what the 06 will do and better with 10-15 grains less and have less recoil. Barrel will also not heat up as fast which if your on a Prarie dog town could come in handy. He already has a small and fast..... the 22-250 which is a good varmint round.

Take his advice. also if you like to see your hits you will do it much easier with a cm and brake than the 06 with brake. less powder better performance with the heavier bullets. Cheaper to shoot and more fun at distance. I use a 20P for the 100-500yd stuff.

I just purchased a 10T in 6.5 from cabella's black Friday. I put a beast 2pc brake on it and have 13 rounds through the bore breaking it in so far. The beast brake I put on it reduced a light kicking gun to one close to an ar. I ordered Peterson brass and norma brass. I don't want to deal with the small primer lapua brass as of yet. Just the better brass and bullets should make this a no brainer.
Not disliking the 25 I had 2 that were and still are deer slayers but brass in the North east at least is harder to find unless you like remington brass or want to process other 06 based brass

Don't drink the high BC koolaid????? I definitely wouldn't call high bc bullets "koolaid". Just look at the cartridges and calibers people use for long range hunting or competition. The 25-06 or any 25cal is not very high on the list. Take any 25 cal cartridge and neck it up to 6.5 or down to 6mm and it will paste the 25 cal.
Hey Creedmoor, how many deer, elk, black bear & coyotes have you taken???
Don't ever underestimate the killing power of the 25-06. If I could only have one rifle it would be the 25-06. Great accuracy & killing power with very mild recoil.

Hey Creedmoor, how many deer, elk, black bear & coyotes have you taken???
Don't ever underestimate the killing power of the 25-06. If I could only have one rifle it would be the 25-06. Great accuracy & killing power with very mild recoil.
Doesn't matter how many I've taken. But if you must know if killed 25 deer, 1 bear (312lbs) and 10 coyotes. I'm only 22 years old. And yes I've killed a deer with the 25-06 and have seen it done and it doesn't kill them any faster than anything else I've seen.

I had a friend tell me that there is 25-06 owners and then there is everyone else. You can do about anything with it you want. Kinda like an 870 shotgun, I can go through just as many shells as a semi auto and miss just as well.

6.5 Creedmoor Browning X-Bolt LONG RANGE model (26 inch barrel) is very accurate for a factory rifle. Plus it's barrel is lapped by Browning.

I have a 6.5 CMX-Bolt Pro (carbon fiber stock, 22 in. barrel)

Eric B.

25-06 would be my choice. Better I think would be the 243. Super for coyote's, adequate for deer. I've got the 243, the 25-06 and the 6.5x55. Anything that will kill a coyote could be called coyote cartridge I guess, I'd never take min out for that, 243 would get the call every time. But if you reversed it to deer and occasional coyote, easy to turn it around. For what you want, I would not even consider the 6.5 Creedmore. Certainly would work but then a 338 mag would do what you want to. I used a 338 mag on gopher's in Montana years ago. Worked very well if you didn't mind the recoil and blast!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.