22 CREEDMOOR REAMER ADVICE

Far North Hunter

I'm putting together specs for a 22 Creedmoor reamer. Looking for feedback from those who have experience with the following. The bullets will be Berger 80.5 fullbor, 80 gr. VLD or 75 gr. eldm. The neck OD would be.0257. The lead (u&v) would be .1070, the T&V would be.1230. This dimension would provide a jump for the bullets +/- .020. I'm hoping this spec will keep the bullets straight shank just above the base/shoulder junction. Anyone having experience with these bullets and a chambering reamer, your input is appreciated. Thank you.

I have/had 4 22 CM…2 with a .80 FB and 2 with a .120 FB.
120FB does better with the 75/80 ELD and Bergers. But also allows me to shoot the 85/88/90gr bullets too.

If you plan to neck down lapua brass, 257 is too tight. You'll have to turn. I had 2 barrels that dimension. You'll want 225 freebore diameter, and 120 is about right for 80 eldm and Bergers. But 88gr eldm have a LONG bearing. A freebore of 0.190-200 is more appropriate for them.

If you plan to neck down lapua brass, 257 is too tight. You'll have to turn. I had 2 barrels that dimension. You'll want 225 freebore diameter, and 120 is about right for 80 eldm and Bergers. But 88gr eldm have a LONG bearing. A freebore of 0.190-200 is more appropriate for them.

+1 ......especially the 225fb diameter.

Following. I am also trying to figure out my reamer. I have already purchase alpha brass. Alpha offers reamers and show freebore length but not chamber freebore diameter or the neck diameter for the chamber, or lead angle. My barrel is a bartlein No. 3 sporter 5r rifling 28" to start drilled .219 I plan on using 80 to 88gr bergers and elds I am looking for easy velocity and long case life hence the long barrel. For those with experience what are your results with your current load and reamer? Does freebore/bullet jump effect your ES and SD? What bullet are you using and what bullet jump/distance off the lands is giving you the best results? Is there any info out there to be found discussing 22 creed reamer design? It would be nice to hear Alex Wheeler or Greg/Primal Rights Thoughts on this, but I understand proprietary/trade secrets and developing this type of information is valuable and their business.

Alpha generally does well with their reamers fitting their brass. I have a few alpha reamers, ones a 22gt, their freebore diameter is 225 I that, which is adequate. I'm unsure of their neck diameter. They have generally all been 0045-005 over loaded rounds. If you reach out to alpha, they'd liky answer any questions. They are good people!