22 creedmoor

I have a 7 twist bartlin to put on it when this barrel is done then I will get a 7.5twist brux

AA 3100 hasn't been available in years, unless you know something about it being reintroduced.
Sorry I didn't know it wasn't available anymore. I started looking for some myself today and wondered why I couldn't locate any😂. Just trying to help out.

My 7 twist criterion barrel is shooting the 88 eld at 3200. So far no blow ups but I don't have more than 200 rounds thru it. I won't be surprised if they start going poof.
That's with H4831sc. I wish it was an 8 twist. 8 will run the 90+ grainers no problem. 1-7 is a bit too much of a thing at speedmire velocities

I run an 8tw, 22" length. 77tmk at 3500 w/ N555, and 3600 w/ rl26. 70gr absolute hammers at 3700 w/ rl26. Barrel is a rock creek so it's likely closer to 7.7tw. Rl23 shot very well at 3400 as well. 80gr bergers run around 3500 w/ rl26.

The reason guys like SRP cases over LRP, is the SRP resists pressure and primer pocket expansion better than the LRP case. More brass surrounding the SRP.

I've read in cold temperatures, SRP cases could be susceptible to hangfires due to less primer mixture in the SRP versus the LRP. Some guys shooting in cold winter temps have had that problem. I use LRP cases, since I'm in Alaska. Don't wanna worry about poor powder ignition when shooting at winter varmints.

Now that Alpha has released their OCD super strong case heads, there may not be any reason to use SRP casings.

Last edited:
Now that ADG has released their OCD super strong case heads, may not be any reason to use SRP casings.
ALPHA makes OCD brass, not ADG. IDK what their ocd is but i have a feeling its just more brass and a harder alloy at the web ans pocket. SRP brass will have no issues with 4350 burn rates in cold weather, in the 300+ rounds of rl16 and 75 eld-m in my 22cr in temps from 20 to -10. Once you start packing those small cases with slower/magnum powders, hang fires CAN and probably will occur. I had 2 or 3 of 100 hang fire on my forming my 6mm lapua srp to my 22cr chamber. This was with a cci450 and rl26 running 75 eldm. Now this could have been a headspace issue on a few pieces, or shallow primer seating, they still shot in the groups and were 20-30 fps slow.

The reason guys like SRP cases over LRP, is the SRP resists pressure and primer pocket expansion better than the LRP case. more brass surrounding the SRP.

I've read in cold temperatures, SRP cases could be susceptible to hangfires due to less primer mixture in the SRP versus the LRP. Some guys shooting in cold winter temps have had that problem. I use LRP cases, since I'm in Alaska. Don't wanna worry about poor powder ignition when shooting at winter varmints.

Now that Alpha has released their OCD super strong case heads, may not be any reason to use SRP casings.
Thanks for the response. I have a ton of srp so thinking going that route.

Any updates on blowing up 85.5? I just ordered a 22 7tw barrel, it however is a 219 bore diam the more common 218. The barrel will be finished at 18" so I'm not too worried as speed will likely be 3100 or so. I have a 22gt 219 bore 7tw shooting 90atips. During testing I was near 3300fps without blowing anything up. I really think the bore diameter makes a big difference on jacket engraving and jacket deformation/pressure.