22 ARC

Factory .22-250 vs Factory 22 ARC

View attachment 505203

ARC - beats the .22-250 in energy by 200 yards while being a max of 4" more drop at the apex before it catches it in trajectory by 650. Seems fairly comparable to me.

That being said I'm looking forward to launching the 62gr ELD-TV out of an 8 twist 18" .22-250. I can get the 53gr to 3600 fps so I should be able to get 3400 fps with the 62gr.
I may try it in my 22-250 AI. Sports a 30" barrel. It's also an 8" twist.

I may try it in my 22-250 AI. Sports a 30" barrel. It's also an 8" twist.
I bet that thing slings bullets at a wicked speed!
I thought I had seen somewhere people were wanting to neck down a 6.5prc case to .22, I'm thinking it was Greg that owns/operates primal rights. I thought, wow, better shoot monos to withstand the rpms or slow the barrel twist!

I bet that thing slings bullets at a wicked speed!
I thought I had seen somewhere people were wanting to neck down a 6.5prc case to .22, I'm thinking it was Greg that owns/operates primal rights. I thought, wow, better shoot monos to withstand the rpms or slow the barrel twist!
I owned a 22-284 at one time. Second barrel, decided on a 22-250AI. Plenty of speed for me. 3600 with 80 ELDs on cruise control.

Omg! Do you shoot it much? Too much shooting and you will be looking for a barrel! What kind of rnd count did you have on the 22-284?
1100 on that barrel. I'm on my 2nd 22-250 AI barrel first one had 1400 this one has 800. I won't get 1000 from this barrel. I run the loads pretty hot many times

How do you like the 22gt? I want to sell my Valkyrie barrel, dies, brass and bolt for a remage 22gt!
LOVE it!
I got it 6 days before I went to NM on a speedgoat hunt. Took it to the range and shot 18 rounds (9 of 77TMK amd 9 of 85.5 Hyb). All shot .3 or under. Loaded up 40 of each amd took it to NM fpr coyotes and PDs. Shot #19 out of the rifle on a coyote with the 77TMK @ 696 yds...7 days after picking it up.
20230825_160943.jpg

Since August 25th, I have taken 9 coyotes from 220 to 696yds and 18 PDs from 150 to 410yds with it.
I switched from the 85.5 Hyb to a 90SMK for my heavy load. The 85.5s were not really impressive on PDs like the 77TMKs are. The 90s...look out coyotes!
20230907_105534.jpg

Put the 22ARC in a bolt gun so you can up the pressure and you really have something.
I have been waiting for a 22 Grendel with a fast twist to get sammi for a long time.
I had an Olympic Arms AR-15 UMAR in 22-250 that shot lights out (someone wanted it more than I did and gave me twice what I paid for it).
But I was disappointed in the slow sammi twist, not that you could have ran longer bullets in it anyway.
So before Olympic went out of business I bought a bolt and barrel nut to build a 22 dasher fast twist (but never got the project completed) I have another UMAR lower that I run 243 Wssm and 25 Wssm uppers on.

LOVE it!
I got it 6 days before I went to NM on a speedgoat hunt. Took it to the range and shot 18 rounds (9 of 77TMK amd 9 of 85.5 Hyb). All shot .3 or under. Loaded up 40 of each amd took it to NM fpr coyotes and PDs. Shot #19 out of the rifle on a coyote with the 77TMK @ 696 yds...7 days after picking it up.
View attachment 505228

Since August 25th, I have taken 9 coyotes from 220 to 696yds and 18 PDs from 150 to 410yds with it.
I switched from the 85.5 Hyb to a 90SMK for my heavy load. The 85.5s were not really impressive on PDs like the 77TMKs are. The 90s...look out coyotes!
View attachment 505229
Nice man!
Since I watched a interview with George Gardner and someone else about the 6gt, I thought to myself, that thing would be sweet with a 22cal bullet stuffed into it!
What is the expected barrel life?

Put the 22ARC in a bolt gun so you can up the pressure and you really have something.
I have been waiting for a 22 Grendel with a fast twist to get sammi for a long time.
I had an Olympic Arms AR-15 UMAR in 22-250 that shot lights out (someone wanted it more than I did and gave me twice what I paid for it).
But I was disappointed in the slow sammi twist, not that you could have ran longer bullets in it anyway.
So before Olympic went out of business I bought a bolt and barrel nut to build a 22 dasher fast twist (but never got the project completed) I have another UMAR lower that I run 243 Wssm and 25 Wssm uppers on.
I need to do some research on the bolt gun 22 grendel to see real world data on it. I guarantee it's got to be better than the Valkyrie especially with quality brass being made for it, as long as the case dimensions are the same/similar between the 22 grendel and 22arc.

Looks like a usual Hornady release thread. A few posts of ppl actually posting relevant data and most of the posts discussing how Hornady's comparison is not apples to apples like it matters lol. If your were trying to push a new product of course you're going to make it sound good. But how it is even a discussion I don't know since the 22-250 has 10-11gr more case capacity.

Glad Hornady is still putting out new cartridges and supplying the match ammo for them while actually supporting them long term. That's why I don't get the Hornady bashing because none of the other companies do that.

Either way the 22arc is a neat carriage but I don't think I can justify over my .223rems since I hand load most everything. I'm thinking more towards the 22GT for more of a boost in performance, which happens to be the same capacity as the 22/250.

Using the overbore index the 22ARC sits in between the 223rem and 6GT so barrel life should be long.

223rem 784
22ARC 871
6GT 962

Looks like a usual Hornady release thread. A few posts of ppl actually posting relevant data and most of the posts discussing how Hornady's comparison is not apples to apples like it matters lol. If your were trying to push a new product of course you're going to make it sound good. But how it is even a discussion I don't know since the 22-250 has 10-11gr more case capacity.

Glad Hornady is still putting out new cartridges and supplying the match ammo for them while actually supporting them long term. That's why I don't get the Hornady bashing because none of the other companies do that.

Either way the 22arc is a neat carriage but I don't think I can justify over my .223rems since I hand load most everything. I'm thinking more towards the 22GT for more of a boost in performance, which happens to be the same capacity as the 22/250.

Using the overbore index the 22ARC sits in between the 223rem and 6GT so barrel life should be long.

223rem 784
22ARC 871
6GT 962
Agreed but interesting is that Hornady always does this. I get that they push products for that "Wow" factor but in the end, it turns out the wow is more of a "Wow, that's not exactly accurate". Either way, I'm with you. Neat cartridge and cool AR round for sure.