175g Hornady ELD-X loads for 7mm Rem mag

SCshooter

After several months of waiting, I am picking up a box of 7mm 175g Hornady ELD-X this evening. Anyone have any load data using H1000? My rifle has a 26" barrel w/ 1:8.25 twist.

If I had those bullets I'd be tempted to work up loads with Retumbo ,or Reloder 26 in a 7RM.
You might loose some velocity with H1000.

I believe RETUMBO is too slow. My cousin has a 7mm Weatherby, which is just a tad larger than a 7mmRM, and he could not make good velocity with Retumbo using a 180gr Berger Hybrid and a 28" barrel. We are trying H1000, IMR 7977, and IMR 7828 next to see if they produce more velocity and then we are moving on to 175gr ELD-X bullets.

Was wondering if you might share your secret to where you was able to find eld-x for 7mm since hornady says there not released yet

I ordered them from Cabelas in early December and have been on a backorder list until this past Sunday (4/3) when I received notification that they had arrived at the local Cabelas that is located about 10 minutes from my home. I picked them up the next day. I actually am still on several backorder/notification lists from various outlets.

It's actually a Winchester Laredo w/ the Model 70 classic action that I inherited from a friend. I had it re-barrelled with a Hart barrel in 1:8.25 twist. I never could get the "Boss" to shoot correctly.

The guys at long range pursuit made there name shooting 7mm rem mags with retumbo loads in the eairly days. Retumbo will work great in a 7 as well will the H1000. I think you'll see top speeds out of the retumbo load in comparsion to the H1000. Also works good in a 300win mag. I think Hodgens web site would be a good place to start. Also try reloader nest. Lots of loads on their also.

I load 69 gr retumbo with the 175 accubond long range bullets good luck with them I'm waiting on some myself even just called hornady again and they said 4 to 6 weeks

I load 69 gr retumbo with the 175 accubond long range bullets good luck with them I'm waiting on some myself even just called hornady again and they said 4 to 6 weeks

I'm using 1/2 grain more, same bullet, with exceptional accuracy and right at 2850fps. No signs of pressure in Remington brass.

Thanks. I use Nosler Brass and was loading 69.2g H1000 w/Fed GM215M and Berger 168g Classic Hunter. OK Accuracy but not what I am looking for. Feel like the trigger was holding it back. Just had a much needed trigger change out. Looking forward to continuing load development with both the Berger & ELD-X

I also picked up some 175s from cabelas this week. Can anyone give me a starting point or min- max to try with H4831sc. I was using 59.5 grains with the 162 a-max. Thanks.

From Hornady tech support:

At this time we are using the data from our 9th ed. Loading manual for the 175 gr. Wt. bullets. H 1000 start is 53.8 gr. To a max of 60.4 gr. This would be with the ELD-X 175 gr.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.