“best” long action option

I have never shot a BR match in my life, But I still like to keep up on what the best stuff is! Anyone who thinks a Remington action is"Just as good" doesn't have a grip on simple economics! There is such a price difference for a reason. Some are just better
and always will be! Just because it works doesn't mean it's the right tool !
You can drive a nail with a rock...But a hammer is so much better and costs more!

Last edited:
So I am to believe that they would rather not know the answer to the question because they may not be good enough to make use of it?

You've yet to answer the question...how is one better than the other if they both do the same job equally?

I guarantee that you can build a rifle off a factory action that shoots just as well as any custom out there...again, for hunting not BR.

I have never shot a BR match in my life, But I still like to keep up on what the best stuff is! Anyone who thinks a Remington action is"Just as good" doesn't have a grip on simple economics! There is such a price difference for a reason. Some are just better
and always will be! Just because it works doesn't mean it's the right tool !
You can drive a nail with a rock...But a hammer is so much better and costs more!

Except we are talking about doing the same job...not using a rock instead of a hammer. A rifle action has the same exact purpose as any other rifle action.

You guys can do what you want...I've been down the custom road and still have a Lone Peak and a Stiller but everything else is Rem, Howa or Wby based.

It IS exactly the same job! The driving of the nail!
If you refuse to understand it's your problem! The vast majority of guys here do get it!
You have lost this..So now you are whining about the rules? Sad.

This is the same BS argument that we used to see about spin drift, you can't see it shooting from the ground so don't worry about it, come to find out the more we worry about and try to narrow down the noise the smaller and more predictable we shoot.

Why not take everything out you can and just leave it to your shooting ability, that is really the goal of long range shooting isn't it, to narrow down the groups till your at your smallest most consistent. You'll never know what you can do till your the biggest part of the equation, if your rifle is shooting big how can you improve your skill.
I didn't get better than my rifle, I had awesome rifles that would shoot stupid small every time I shoot and cold bore was spot on every time, then I started seeing the patterns in ME and went to work on that and brought it down even farther. Continual improvement should be the goal!!

Except we are talking about doing the same job...not using a rock instead of a hammer. A rifle action has the same exact purpose as any other rifle action.

You guys can do what you want...I've been down the custom road and still have a Lone Peak and a Stiller but everything else is Rem, Howa or Wby based.

So you can't shoot the difference and it doesn't bother you, good for you, not everyone have the same goals, doesn't mean there isn't improvement to be seen!

When you can bush the firing pin on a Rem and guide the pin correctly and can see the difference on paper at long range then there is improvements to be made, make enough of them you might as well just buy them done!

I think for me it's a matter of credibility? Who is saying What? Let me put it like this.
My son in law Dave is the strongest man in the world at 308# body weight. He holds multiple
World Records..So do you ask him a training question ..OR the girl at Curves??

So you can't shoot the difference and it doesn't bother you, good for you,

You can't either...

You don't like taking the time to work on a Rem or any other factory action...I get it, you'd rather sell a customer a custom so when it doesn't shoot you can blame the action...not your shoddy truing work.