Votes: 120 20.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 28 4.7%
  • Ross

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mathews

Votes: 186 31.5%

• Total voters
On shooting staff for ALpine Archery, SHooting the Jim Shockey bow for tournaments and the Nitrous for hunting!

I use to shoot a browning about 20 years ago. Then switched to hoyt,then bowtech. Now I only shoot Mathews. I've owned 3 of them all better than the rest. Definately the smoothest bows I have ever shot

right now just a High Country... I dun even know who makes it.... a buddy of mine gave it to me a few years ago when he bought his Hoyt.

I'm looking to buy a new bow... I just dont know what I want yet. I THINK I want a PSE, but most of my buddies that are looking @ new bows say the Matthews bows have been the best shooting bows they have shot out of the major manufacturers. I'm going to shoot a hoyt b/c I don't want to leave anything open when I do buy a new bow. BUT I pretty much have my mind made up that I wont own a Hoyt, nothing against the bows themselves, its just all the nut swingers we have down here that swear Hoyt is god.

right now just a High Country... I dun even know who makes it.... a buddy of mine gave it to me a few years ago when he bought his Hoyt.

I'm looking to buy a new bow... I just dont know what I want yet. I THINK I want a PSE, but most of my buddies that are looking @ new bows say the Matthews bows have been the best shooting bows they have shot out of the major manufacturers. I'm going to shoot a hoyt b/c I don't want to leave anything open when I do buy a new bow. BUT I pretty much have my mind made up that I wont own a Hoyt, nothing against the bows themselves, its just all the nut swingers we have down here that swear Hoyt is god.

It is impossible to say which company is best, because they all have different strengths. Hoyts are awesome bows but no better or worse than mathews, pse, etc. Shoot a few bows and find what you are comfortable with. I will tell you that the most popular bow this year is the mathews Z7. the PSE bowmadness is a killer bow, the hoyt maxxis 35 is the best aiming hunting bow I have played with this year, and the alpine jim shockey bow that I am currently shooting is the bow I am setting lots of personal best scores with. So hit a proshop and shoot alot of them and then make your decision.

yeah I plan on shooting all of the leading bows from each company! I may have to hit 10 or more proshops to shoot em all but thats my plan! I'm just not quiet ready to purchase yet, I want to get my LR rifle first then I'm gunna focus on getting a new bow, besides this bow shoots decent, its just rather loud... but Im gunna have it re strung, a new site, new rest and other stuff that I can just swap over to the new bow when I purchase.

My favorite bow is my oldest and still the one I hunt with most. It is a Diamond Black Ice and had I listened to all the fan boys I would not have even given this bow a chance because it was not considered a top bow. My other bow is a Reezen 6.5. Yes it is a Mathews and it is faster than the Black Ice but it is not nearly as smooth on the draw. I like the Reezen and I like the Z7 but I am not going to mathews for the 3rd bow. I have chosen the Strothers SR71 as my new bow. Shoot every bow you can get your hands on. I had a hard time making my mind up between the SR71 and the Detroyer 350 from Bowtech. I simply like the SR71 better.

My favorite bow is my oldest and still the one I hunt with most. It is a Diamond Black Ice and had I listened to all the fan boys I would not have even given this bow a chance because it was not considered a top bow. My other bow is a Reezen 6.5. Yes it is a Mathews and it is faster than the Black Ice but it is not nearly as smooth on the draw. I like the Reezen and I like the Z7 but I am not going to mathews for the 3rd bow. I have chosen the Strothers SR71 as my new bow. Shoot every bow you can get your hands on. I had a hard time making my mind up between the SR71 and the Detroyer 350 from Bowtech. I simply like the SR71 better.

Black Ice is super smooth, one of my favorite bows for pure comfort! Reezen and Z7 are 2 of the best "all around" bows made the last couple of years! The strothers sr71 is a fantastic bow, very similar to Kevin strothers designs when he work for bowtech (alliegance and Tribute) but with a different cam style. I would love to sit down with Kevin for a couple of days and pick his brain about design. In all reallity however it would be nearly impossible to find a bow that doesn't fit a person well if they are willing to pay for the mid range to high end price point bows. When staying at the entry level you limit your self much more. But you went to the high end and you are rewarded for that decision with lots of great choices. If I wasn't on pro staff for a company I am sure that I would own atleast 6 different bows a year, mostly because I am a bow whore and like so many different bows so well for so many different reasons!

New to the forum.

My first bow was one of PSE's first compound bows (circa 1978). I have owned another PSE, Darton, BowTech, Browning, and lastly a Mathews; and recently added a PSE X-Bow. The most accurate and sweetest shooting bow I have ever owned is the Mathews. Never had a X-Bow before so, nothing to compare it to.
:)

Mine isn't listed. I shoot an Alpine Silverado Match Grade. Time to go through the posts and see what everyone else is shooting.

Diamond Black Ice.

I had been shooting a Martin the past few years, till about 3 weeks ago that is. The Martin was a bit noisier than I liked so I went and bought the new Diamond. So far I really like it and it is pretty quiet. Still wanna put a Spothogg sight on it though, but it'll have to wait till later.

I will say though that my cousin just bought a new Matthews Z7, and man is that thing freakin sweet. Absolutely the quietest bow I have ever heard(or not heard actually..:D). For the price it should be that quiet though.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.