Votes: 120 20.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 28 4.7%
  • Ross

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mathews

Votes: 186 31.5%

• Total voters
Went through a lot of brands starting back in the mid 80's. Hoyt, High country, Clear water, Browning. Then I picked up a Mathews Q2. Very sweet and forgiving shooting machine and used it for many years. Decided to finally do an upgrade this year. Did a lot of research and tested a lot of bows.
It came down to the mathews Z7 and the Hoyt Maxxis 35. I ended up going with the Maxxis 35 and have been very happy with it. Still have the old Q2 but is now just my "back-up" bow.

After shooting several different bows this year, it came down between the Mathews and Hoyt. I went with the Hoyt Maxxis 31. I just could not get past how smooth it is and absolutely dead in the hand. Even more so than the Mathews. Not to mention the mathews just didn't fit right in my hand. Besides, it's hard to give up the durability of a Hoyt. If you accidentally dry fire a Mathews, you're buying a new bow. You dry fire a Hoyt, you're just buying new string silencers. I would like to shoot an Elite bow though. There are no dealers near me and I'd have to drive a long ways so maybe I'll make that drive when it's time for a new one.

Mathews, have been for years. Started with the MXZ, been thru many since. Used to be a staff shooter for various shops, shot about every model Mathews made. Also plenty of the other top bows.

I'm shooting a Mathews S2. Not the latest and greatest but shoots awesome and pulls smooth. Bow is way better than the shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.