Underwear choices?

Here you go:

Amazon product ASIN B07N43NR9B
Silk socks in super-insulated boots keep your feet warm as they wick away sweat.

All of the long johns and socks are paper thin, not thick to be worn as a base layer. You simply can not believe the difference with and without Silk when it comes to comfort in super cold conditions.

Hello, I am hoping this thread is in the correct forum. I have a elk hunt coming up in September but isn't a backpacking hunt.
What is everyone wearing for actual underwear? I'm not talking about long underwear but like some type of briefs.
I hate wearing my normal tighty whitey cotton briefs because of the sweat factor and when you finally try to take them off they roll up like a wet burrito.
I'm sure there's a better option and would love to hear what suggestions everyone has other than not wearing any. lol
Thanks, Birddog 68
Hello, I am hoping this thread is in the correct forum. I have a elk hunt coming up in September but isn't a backpacking hunt.
What is everyone wearing for actual underwear? I'm not talking about long underwear but like some type of briefs.
I hate wearing my normal tighty whitey cotton briefs because of the sweat factor and when you finally try to take them off they roll up like a wet burrito.
I'm sure there's a better option and would love to hear what suggestions everyone has other than not wearing any. lol
Thanks, Birddog 68
Sheath underwater. Look em up…

These or FL are the best I have tried. Hold shape and best at odor protection for multiple days. I wear them daily.

This hunt will be late September so I am not expecting too cold. I'm thinking cool mornings and evening and mild mid day.

These are like 93% polyester and 7% spandex from what I read. And they have select colors on sale for about $13 a pair with free shipping.
I use Deluth Buck Naked cotton briefs "every" day; 94% organic cotton. Deluth makes a number of briefs that are made out of different materials. Also long before you go I suggest trying them out. I strongly suggest that you plan for both warm days as well as cold days. You don't want to get caught with your pants down freezing your nuts off!!!!!! I went on a caribou hunt in central Canada, the third week in September; we were the last group in the camp that week. We were running around in short sleeves at the beginning of the week, laying around outside at night watching the northern lights!! Mid week the weather turned very windy and cold. We got a foot of snow overnight, it looked like snow balls dropping out of the sky, drifting and blowing around. The wood stove inside of the tent was like 2' X 2' X 2' to heat a 12' X 20' high wall tent; and....it certainly was not an airtight stove!! From that point on throughout the week I slept in my wool hunting clothing inside of my sleeping bag the rest of the week. I had a goose down mountain bag, the only thing that really saved me was there was a large piece of cardboard (don't have a clue about the reason why or how it got there??), but it was a wind breaker for me between the canvas and my bunk. I have also worn silk long underwear, they too are very insulating and versatile, they are light and can be used for layering over your briefs, or underneath heavier thermal underwear so they are dual purpose.

Rick Richard mentioned mentioned wipes, and....he's correct on that one as well. Keep the bottom clean or you "will" be paying the price big time. On that same caribou hunt that I wrote about, the only bathing facility was a large porcelain hand basin. The food was very basic, lots of greasy food and lots of beans....so you can figure out how that went. By Wednesday I'd really had it from all the walking and all the beans. I took the morning off from hunting, cleaned up the camp, then went to the lake for a bucket of water, heated the wood stove up for hot water and sat my *** in that basin. Life was good😍😍 There were six of us hunting, so I was the brunt of a lot of jokes when the guys found out the reason for taking the morning off from hunting; however....during the week I did notice that the bucket and the porcelain basin had been moved around a lot. Wipes by all means is a great idea!!! ;)

Thanks, Birddog 68
Nylon boxers.

After first trying them several years ago I always prefer First Lite Red Desert boxer briefs. Merino wool and they fit well. Pricey though, and I rarely find the solid colors in stock and end up buying some camo stuff that increases the price. They have some lighter stuff than the RD ones that are decent. Still wearing the first couple pairs I bought over 10years ago.

I have a couple pair of these too. GHUnders 2 layer fabric that pulls moisture off the skin. I wear them dirt bike riding.

Thanks, Birddog 68
32 degree cool. Best I've ever used and all I use now.

I use Deluth Buck Naked cotton briefs "every" day; 94% organic cotton. Deluth makes a number of briefs that are made out of different materials. Also long before you go I suggest trying them out. I strongly suggest that you plan for both warm days as well as cold days. You don't want to get caught with your pants down freezing your nuts off!!!!!! I went on a caribou hunt in central Canada, the third week in September; we were the last group in the camp that week. We were running around in short sleeves at the beginning of the week, laying around outside at night watching the northern lights!! Mid week the weather turned very windy and cold. We got a foot of snow overnight, it looked like snow balls dropping out of the sky, drifting and blowing around. The wood stove inside of the tent was like 2' X 2' X 2' to heat a 12' X 20' high wall tent; and....it certainly was not an airtight stove!! From that point on throughout the week I slept in my wool hunting clothing inside of my sleeping bag the rest of the week. I had a goose down mountain bag, the only thing that really saved me was there was a large piece of cardboard (don't have a clue about the reason why or how it got there??), but it was a wind breaker for me between the canvas and my bunk. I have also worn silk long underwear, they too are very insulating and versatile, they are light and can be used for layering over your briefs, or underneath heavier thermal underwear so they are dual purpose.

Rick Richard mentioned mentioned wipes, and....he's correct on that one as well. Keep the bottom clean or you "will" be paying the price big time. On that same caribou hunt that I wrote about, the only bathing facility was a large porcelain hand basin. The food was very basic, lots of greasy food and lots of beans....so you can figure out how that went. By Wednesday I'd really had it from all the walking and all the beans. I took the morning off from hunting, cleaned up the camp, then went to the lake for a bucket of water, heated the wood stove up for hot water and sat my *** in that basin. Life was good😍😍 There were six of us hunting, so I was the brunt of a lot of jokes when the guys found out the reason for taking the morning off from hunting; however....during the week I did notice that the bucket and the porcelain basin had been moved around a lot. Wipes by all means is a great idea!!! ;)
I ordered and received the deluth armachillo and have been wearing them on my hikes. It's been 90 degrees with high humidity and they are comfortable and much cooler than 100% cotton briefs.
Also ordered merino but haven't tried them yet. But will.
I'll definitely look into some type of wipes since you are like the fourth or fifth person to bring it up!
I will be prepared for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw my way.

Wow! I didn't know you could pay that much for underwear. I bought a pack of Hanes from Walmart that are very thin and have very small holes in the fabric. They work fine for me. Of course, I live in the southwest, and cotton/poly works fine too. You didn't mention where your hunt was. NM is way different than Canada.

I hae CoolMax T shirts I wear for hunting, and they wick fine, but start to smell early. I do't find them comfortable in hot weather. I understand that wool doesn't do that.

Walmart sells "Dude Wipes" so you won't smell like a baby.

I read the package. It looks like you can take a duece in the middle of a stalk and don't even have to stop. Looks handy, but how much do they hold. I have had a lot of kids and I know diapers that say 12 to 16 pounds won't hold close to that. we still had to change that diaper every few hours. Seriously I have always worn cotton briefs in the past, but as I age they are not as comfortable on longer hikes. This has been interesting to read. @ birddog 68, thanks for posting about something that could help us all out.

NW Colorado.
And I will pick up some of the "Dude wipes" on my next trip to Wally World
Depending, another thing I do is just steal a package of baby wipes from the house and dry them out and throw them in a plastic bag. I'm a little nutty like that though. I can wet them while I'm out hunting with whatever water I'm finding. We use Hello Bello wipes for my daughter so they have no scent to them at all.

I've always worn merino, depending on how long I'll be gone I'll usually only take one pair. If you're not backpack hunting having multiple pairs will be fine.

Gotta have the dude wipes

If you buy from deluths make sure you know which style you are getting

They have boxers (loose fit), short boxer breifs, std length boxer breifs, long boxer breifs, and breifs (all tight fit)

I wanted to try some Buck naked and armachillo and accidentally bought the loose fit boxers (dangling dudes) rather than the boxer breifs (that will support your junk) --- they often have considerable discounts if you don't mind strange colors or prints