Underwear choices?

I tried some of my synthetic boxer briefs the other day to see how they worked in the heat. They sucked. Cotton is hard to beat in the heat. Briefs are much better unless it is really cold. I've never tried merino wool, and at that price, I may never.

I tried some of my synthetic boxer briefs the other day to see how they worked in the heat. They sucked. Cotton is hard to beat in the heat. Briefs are much better unless it is really cold. I've never tried merino wool, and at that price, I may never.
That's vague, in regards to how synthetic sucks..

Underwear is underwear. I know the comments here get pretty wild sometimes, but if you're all hot and sweaty, that won't change. Cotton holds moisture longer than any of the other options. That's bad for overnighting, and that's bad for bacteria. It's not a problem if you're able to go home and change. 3 days and 40 miles of hiking later..that's a different story.

Moisture basically passes through nylon and polyester. But they have no insulating properties generally, nor antimicrobial, unless treated with silver.

Merino wool absorbs moisture, but has natural antimicrobial properties. In addition it doesn't lose its ability to regulate temperature.

Thanks for all the replies. I've been wearing the Duluth armachillo's and today decided to wear the merino wool underwear. Been doing a good bit of hiking getting ready for my elk hunt in a few weeks and both of these suggestions are working great.
14 days and counting for me. Sharpened my broadheads today in preparation.

14 days and counting for me. Sharpened my broadheads today in preparation.
Was out yesterday. Saw a lot of elk. At it all week.
IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_1073.jpeg