Underwear choices?

These or FL are the best I have tried. Hold shape and best at odor protection for multiple days. I wear them daily.
Great choice here...merino wicks sweat and doesn't smell for a few days, just enough nylon to hold their shape and keep them snug. Lifesaver on a 3 day pronghorn bowhunt when chilly in the morning and hotter'n hell by noon. My boys couldn't have been happier.

I've been using the Black Ovis merino wool underwear for about 5 years now and have been very happy with their performance. They can keep me warm or cool. They wick away moisture, dry out very quickly while wearing them and don't stink. I will never wear anything other than merino next to my bum again.

We hunt where is goes from above +40 F to -40 in a day. Merino briefs, under wool of various weight long johns. When it gets real cold the one piece trap doors come out. Socks are Merino wool. The over pants are wool too. Either German Army surplus or Big Bill. Wool keeps you warm, even if it gets wet or damp. Nothing else we have tried will do that.

I have only a little experience with having to hunt hard in real hot weather but in that situation silk worked well.

Last edited:
More specifically, the armachillo line
^this^
Trust me on this one, I live in the hot and humid gulf coast region. Kinda like the region you are covering with underwear.

Thru-hiked the AT and sure wish I'd had them then. Ditched the Smartwool and went commando. Slept in silk 'longhandles'.

Baby wipes saturated with alcohol in a Ziploc is your best friend!

Duluth Armachillo after I've tried a lot; Smartwool, REI, Icebreaker, Orvis, LLBean, etc.

Last edited:
None when it's hot to moderate temperatures.

What a first world civilian problem.

ECWS base layer when it's cold.

You can hang you butt out over any stream or trickle of water to clean up with every day. It's not that complicated except in the desert or where there's people.

None when it's hot to moderate temperatures.

What a first world civilian problem.

ECWS base layer when it's cold.

You can hang you butt out over any stream or trickle of water to clean up with every day. It's not that complicated except in the desert or where there's people.
I prefer some support for my boys.
I feel that I'm civilized enough to use some wipes from Walmart.

These are pricey but I bit the bullet and bought enough to wear these everyday and they are the most comfortable underwear I've owned. They fit snug so you don't chafe but not so tight that your jingle bells can't breathe. I recommend them for active or casual use. If you check the size guide and your waist size is on the margin between 2 sizes, go with the bigger size

Last edited:

These are pricey but I bit the bullet and bought enough to wear these everyday and they are the most comfortable underwear I've owned. They fit snug so you don't chafe but not so tight that your jingle bells can't breathe. I recommend them for active or casual use. If you check the size guide and your waste size is on the margin between 2 sizes, go with the bigger size
Waste size? What are you huntin' buddy? 🤣🤣🤣

Waste size? What are you huntin' buddy? 🤣🤣🤣
Waist**
Cut me some slack!
323D9819-DA9E-451E-B457-F2637E151123.gif

Recent Posts