Smartwool vs. underarmour socks?

Sflutes

If you had to buy one would you get the Smartwool Medium weight hunting socks or the Under Armour Cold Gear boot sock (not the thin sock)?

So you need to try the smartwool. I personnally do not like them. The seem runs across my toe wrong and it is not comfortable. I use FITS. Same thing, wool blend. Darn tough are good too. They are like boots, gotta try em. I have used the old UnderArmour wool socks, they are not soft, very itchy, but warm.

Definitely use wool and though.

I wear smartwool, thorlo and darn tough. The thorlos are my go to for backpacking. I wear smartwools every day for work. I'm new to owning darn tough socks, the build quality is evident. All three of these brands are made in USA, I'd bet the under armor socks are not...

I say Kenetrek, love the heavy Alaska model sock with a liner - never a blister and super durable. They can be used multiple days in a row and keep their cushion. $$$

I prefer merino wool. I have been wearing first lite socks for 2-3 years with very good results. They hold up well and for as much hiking as I do, control Oder really well. Which is awesome if you are backpacking also.

Cabelas, LL Bean and REI all have a good selection of American made wool socks. I like smart wool but it doesn't last as long as others and a bit expensive

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.