• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scammer alert!!

crazymonkey

Crise346 has one heck of a deal on a tangent 315 . $1900 bucks.
He's got a 702 area code Las Vegas but lives in Illinois . Only been on for a short time .

Attachments

• 65a6d60e354ff6.71245418.jpg
    65a6d60e354ff6.71245418.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 65a6d5f97a9459.65617211.jpg
    65a6d5f97a9459.65617211.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 43
Let's hear what he has to say.
He has already replied

Before jumping into any conclusions, this are just a speculations. Exercising caution is wise, but it shouldn't lead you to accusing me or someone else until proven guilty. Connecting a Chicago area code with the use of mailbox.org doesn't necessarily prove any or "scream scam" like you said. I think you are overreacting or you have watched too much deduction movies 😂. Like always the new guy get the bullet. #Darryl

Crise346 has one heck of a deal on a tangent 315 . $1900 bucks.
He's got a 702 area code Las Vegas but lives in Illinois . Only been on for a short time .
I believe you that he is a scammer but not sure what the area code has to do with it. I know a lot of people that have a different area code than the one for the state they live in. Many people don't change their cell number to their new area code when they move.

I believe you that he is a scammer but not sure what the area code has to do with it. I know a lot of people that have a different area code than the one for the state they live in. Many people don't change their cell number to their new area code when they move.
I have no problem with that part and due get the not changing your number but when you stack that with the duplicate pictures and almost identical messages . It really puts up the red flags . I'd have believed the 2600 price and the other person might be legit but at 1900 bucks it's either the best deal ever or a scam.

I'm sorry for the confusion but echo018 was definitely not the other person . For that I do owe him an apology . I've gotten 3 responses and his was the only genuine one. The other two are the same pictures and the basic same message .
there is a separate tread for echo018 being a scammer. for non-delivery of items. so you might want to hold back on your apology.

there is a separate tread for echo018 being a scammer. for non-delivery of items. so you might want to hold back on your apology.
I have no experience with him other than he had a mill scope if I was interested. I usually check a person's history and move forward from there . It does suck when people try to take advantage .

I have no experience with him other than he had a mill scope if I was interested. I usually check a person's history and move forward from there . It does suck when people try to take advantage .
it is so hard to know who to trust that i have stopped dealing on here.
have one deal in the last two years and that was with a long time member and thief or scammer never entered my mind with him, have read many of his posts and formed my opinion but scammer was never one of them.
it would be harder with new members that don't have the long term relationship with members here to be able to form those opinions

have one deal in the last two years and that was with a long time member and thief or scammer never entered my mind with him, have read many of his posts and formed my opinion but scammer was never one of them.
it would be harder with new members that don't have the long term relationship with members here to be able to form those opinions
History and joined date are the first thing I look at if I'm thinking of buying.

I haven't been here long enough but on one of the other sites I'm on scams are out there but it's almost immediately sniffed out by fellow members . I've sold two collectable pistols here and was extremely worried about it as I always have done face to face but the guns were of a different nature and value for the other site . They went well and I always keep people updated with shipping ,pictures and tracking # . The hunting community is a small place and most are on several sites and if you get a b ad reputation it carries with you someone will usually give a heads up or confirm a good seller.

I just won't entertain anything high dollar without sufficient feedback. Small purchases, I'll cut people a break. Most scumbags are to lazy to rip you off for $80 bucks anyways.