• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scammer alert - halvy19

I made a purchase from him in 2015 and was happy with the product. I would give him the chance to explain I'm sure there is a reason. My purchase was $1200 worth of stuff. Once your name on here is bad your screwed and would hate to see that happen to anybody that didn't deserve it.

Update.
Item has been shipped. My issue has nothing to do with the time frame. It's a blank barrel for a gun I intend to sheep hunt with in September. Issue is communication. Everyone has a life and has stuff that happens outside their control. Difference is made is how you handle it. Zero communication and not answering calls or texts for days isn't something a good seller does. I chamber and fit my own barrels. I would have had no issue waiting till July for it if the communicate had been such. It's shocking to me how fast the situation was rectified after I posted this thread and my profession. Bottom line is if you have time to cash my money order then you have time to text/call me back.

Sir,
608 area code is that of southern Wisconsin which is where I live. Let me know if there is something I could do to run him down. At the very least a small claims action should commence which would be filed @ county courthouse where he resides.
Sorry to hear of this trouble.
joel t. sprecher
sauk city, wi. 53583

Scammers don't rip off every customer otherwise they would not last very long .
They continue through with a good percentage of their sales as normal . This gives them a group of supporters just like in this thread that say he is ok and I had no troubles. However the smaller percentage of sales they do rip off customers is nearly all profit and they make big dollars for products they never had .
Most people don't make a fuss because they don't know what to do about it.
This guy just came undone this time by ripping off a Police Officer . I hope he nails him .

Scammers don't rip off every customer otherwise they would not last very long .
They continue through with a good percentage of their sales as normal . This gives them a group of supporters just like in this thread that say he is ok and I had no troubles. However the smaller percentage of sales they do rip off customers is nearly all profit and they make big dollars for products they never had .
Most people don't make a fuss because they don't know what to do about it.
This guy just came undone this time by ripping off a Police Officer . I hope he nails him .

i agree with bullet bumper except for one thing,the fact that the op is a marshal has very little to do with the scammer comming thru with the product after all.most rip off artists could care less what the buyer does for a living.just about every guy that visits this forum can hit a 6" steel plate at a thousand yrds, and even knowing that doesn't slow em down.

morning, I had stolen rem. mag. action, weatherby action, $1600 cash.

barthein(sp) barrel, shilen barrel, 2 H&S stocks were stolen from me

by a gunsmith. I posted the person name FFL# and business state

I was told on this site was not notify of a persons dishonesty.

this person was a war special forces veteran. my my THK U lightbulb:)gun)

Just got on here for the first time in over a month and realized this was posted! First of all we had a discrepancy with USPS when I shipped it out 1 day after receiving the money via paypal. USPS took almost 3 weeks to locate and finally ship the barrel back to me. I have apologized numerous times to this gentleman and offered to refund his money if he wanted me too. As soon as I got it back from usps I shipped it 2 day to the purchaser...

again sorry for usps screwing crap up!

anyone who has done any business with me in the past knows I am NO scamming piece of crap!

for those of you who jumped on the ban wagon not knowing anything about what was going on.... REALLY?

Just got on here for the first time in over a month and realized this was posted! First of all we had a discrepancy with USPS when I shipped it out 1 day after receiving the money via paypal. USPS took almost 3 weeks to locate and finally ship the barrel back to me. I have apologized numerous times to this gentleman and offered to refund his money if he wanted me too. As soon as I got it back from usps I shipped it 2 day to the purchaser...

again sorry for usps screwing crap up!

anyone who has done any business with me in the past knows I am NO scamming piece of crap!

for those of you who jumped on the ban wagon not knowing anything about what was going on.... REALLY?

Halvy19, glad it's resolved. I know you're not a scammer. Crap happens.

Halvy19, glad it's resolved. I know you're not a scammer. Crap happens.

thanks bud, I completely understand why the guy was getting frustrated... I was ****ed as well with usps! but really don't understand some of these guys putting there own 2 cents in when they don't have a clue what is going on!

thanks bud, I completely understand why the guy was getting frustrated... I was ****ed as well with usps! but really don't understand some of these guys putting there own 2 cents in when they don't have a clue what is going on!

if you are a seller on lrh you need to visit the site more often then once a month

if you are a seller on lrh you need to visit the site more often then once a month

10-4
And. What about phone and other efforts to communicate. When USPS lost the item, did you keep your buyer informed?
If you kept your buyer informed, no problem...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.