• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scammer alert - halvy19

10-4
And. What about phone and other efforts to communicate. When USPS lost the item, did you keep your buyer informed?
If you kept your buyer informed, no problem...

I would just leave it alone guys. It's over. It's a learning experience for him.

if you are a seller on lrh you need to visit the site more often then once a month

I agree. He has been a member since 2011, and only has 90 posts- some of which are to this thread.
Maybe he visits more, but doesn't post any responses. Still, it's good to hear both sides before we form an opinion.

Again it all boils down to communication. I was in no hurry for the barrel but when there is no tracking and zero communication it becomes a large issue. Cell phone numbers were exchanged at the beginning. So logging on here or not has zero bearing on the situation. Glad it was resolved.

It would be good, but do you expect that, in reality? It doesn't even happen in Court after all have been sworn in under oath.

I don't always expect it, but after appearing in court hundreds of times in my 40 years of Law Enforcement, there are usually three sides to a story, what party A said happened, what party B said happened, then what really happened.
After all have been sworn, the truth still doesn't come out all the time. In this "Open Court" of a Forum, it is good to hear from party A and party B, and there is usually a good explanation for what did or didn't happen. Then we leave it to our imagination to try to figure out what really happened.
In the end, if the buyer is happy, and the seller has responded in an attempt to explain why things went screwy, good enough for me, let's move on.

The best liar usually wins in court. Good liars get away with it. Bad liars get convicted, or lose in Civil cases. Effective scammers are accomplished liars.

There's nothing to move on from within this Thread, unless you're goal is to Marshall the end of any further posts.

The Thread ends when members stop posting.

There's nothing to move on from within this Thread, unless you're goal is to Marshall the end of any further posts.

The Thread ends when members stop posting.

Not my intention to try to control anything, or say when it should be over, I guess it was meant more as a suggestion. You might have taken it the wrong way. No offense meant.
Folks are welcome to keep posting here as long as they wish, they certainly don't need my permission.

Which was it?

Devil's advocate, a new member says he is a US marshal, when he got stiffed.

Just leave it alone. Halvy19 is a good dude, he made a mistake, the OP got his product. It's over. He's not a scammer.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.