proof research barrels

One of these is just before Proof but by same smith,other Proof .I got them early on before prices went so high.Both taken bit of game at range,both 338NM,8 3/4 and 11# dressed.I life about 100 yrds from Defiance and 2 miles from Proof

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 87
One of these is just before Proof but by same smith,other Proof .I got them early on before prices went so high.Both taken bit of game at range,both 338NM,8 3/4 and 11# dressed.I life about 100 yrds from Defiance and 2 miles from Proof

How is the recoil? I thought about turning my 300 Norma Imp into a 338 Norma and I would like to use a Proof barrel.

Good start. Was at local store yesterday and gun dept. said Remington was dropping the UM'S and brass manufacture this year,not selling in the big market.They had 7 and think it was 338 RUM brass on shelf.To bad its popular out West where im at

I actually tried to weigh it on my scale but it would it wouldn't register on the scale. I have to try a different scale.

My dad has built a 28 Nolser from a proof barrel I gave him and he loves it. He put a trued Remington action on it and a MDT chassis. He loved it so much he has ordered 2 more barrels from them. He says he has never had a rifle so easy to build loads for and shoot so good with so little work.

Last year I was at gunwerks shooting school and talking to them they said proof barrels are what they build their rifles with. And I would imagine these guys are pretty picky on which barrels they use

If their is one draw back with them it's wait times

Very nice Shooter! Where are you currently on weight as shown?
I have a superlight 338 NM ,barrel and action=5.5oz.And another heavier contour barrel and action5-12 oz.Both Proof on Defiance Rebels.I finished the light one at 7-2 oz.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts