New Varmint Build

Here's something to think about, but if you're heart is set on a 220 swift, go for it. That's what is great about the sport, never really a wrong build.
That being said if you want flat and horse power. Defense Edge has some great stuff. Here is 1 that might trip your bobber

Screenshot_20200229-073748_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20200229-073814_Firefox.jpg

Just some food for thought.
Have a great day.

Wow! That is some kinda wonderful cartridge, Hawkeye! What case is it built on? What rifle?etc.?
Now back to a previous comment about cost of barrels. That is correct, that barrels are much less than scopes. But, at my age, it ain't about the money, but down time to re-build! LOL. Yep, why fret over barrel wear. That's the last thing I would be concerned with. Accuracy first, recoil second as I want to see the "target" exploding! Third would be the easy of making rounds that shoot tiny groups at distance. Forth, fifth, sixth, etc. then last, barrel wear.

Wow! That is some kinda wonderful cartridge, Hawkeye! What case is it built on? What rifle?etc.?

I have the first 224 Terminator Defensive Edge built. The 224 Terminator is their version of a 22-243 Improved. I'm shooting 80gr ELD-M w/RL 26 at 3650fps and it stacks them into a nice little clover leaf pattern.

One of the really nice things about this build, Defensive Edge sells Lapua 224 Terminator brass that is already fireformed and ready to go so I don't have to do any fireforming myself.
224 Pic2.jpg
224 Terminator target.png

Accuracy first, recoil second as I want to see the "target" exploding! Third would be the easy of making rounds that shoot tiny groups at distance. Forth, fifth, sixth, etc. then last, barrel wear.
You are a man after my own likes, my varmint rigs are kinda heavy so accuracy and load development are my one and two. :)

Flat shootin to 400? For me its the
Swift with 50vmaxes
25-06 75 vmax
243 55vmax
223ai 40vmax
204 32vmax
20 ppc 39bltz
If the wind aint bad they will all go a LOT farther!
My 22-250 is an 8 twist and along with many other rounds get used past 400 yards. The little 6.5 Grendel has proven to be very fun round for reasons I really cant put my finger on?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.