My New Remarms ADL 7mm RM.

I understand and I don't look at the groups until I'm finished too if the rifle is shooting good but when you're through with that session and you've hit the red you can see where you hit because it shows up black holes on the 🟥.
Oh I gotcha. I can still see the holes in the black background. It's probably because of all the years judging targets during competitions. I've used different targets including those that change color to show hits. I always seem to gravitate back to black targets. Probably due to competitions and using old benchrest targets.

Helluva group and load!
Thank you, gotta love those Hammers.
Of course I worked up to that gr, it was 1gr over that when it started showing pressure on the primer. I'd tell you what the fps was but I can't actually remember and I don't want to guess but I do remember it was quite a bit more.

Last edited:
Thank you, gotta love those Hammers.
Of course I worked up to that gr, it was 1gr over that when it started showing pressure on the primer. I'd tell you what the fps was but I can't actually remember and I don't want to guess but I do remember it was quite a bit more.
How well does it shoot past 700-800 yards?

Two problems, I don't have a range that far to shoot but I wished I did, 400 yds max is all I got, second is that I don't think the Hammer line is a target bullet but maybe someone with a 800 yd range can chime in and let you know.

This is my 400yd target, shows the importance of not canting your rifle, but I like the group, minus canting it just a hair.

Attachments

• 300WM 400yd 9-30-22.jpg
    300WM 400yd 9-30-22.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 42
It almost likes the Nosler 180gr as well, if I tweaked it a little bit more maybe it'd be right there with the Hammers. Anyway it goes I think I have a shooter, I built it myself, saved a boatload of money doing so, and I'm proud of it so I'm happy.
I wished I knew if it was a 1000 yd gun, I had a 308 once that was when I had a range I could shoot on, but that's one of those used to things for both. I've got better glass on it now, but I've had a different project this year and I haven't been behind the trigger very much because of that project.

Attachments

• 300WM 6 shot group H1000.png
    300WM 6 shot group H1000.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 300 WM 9-1-22.jpg
    300 WM 9-1-22.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Two problems, I don't have a range that far to shoot but I wished I did, 400 yds max is all I got, second is that I don't think the Hammer line is a target bullet but maybe someone with a 800 yd range can chime in and let you know.

This is my 400yd target, shows the importance of not canting your rifle, but I like the group, minus canting it just a hair.
I have a 800 yard range 3 miles from the house and can shoot out to a mile about 10 miles from the house.

I have a 800 yard range 3 miles from the house and can shoot out to a mile about 10 miles from the house.
The 1000 yds range I had access to is still there but it's 2 different properties. The one I've shot on forever was split up when their mom passed away. The new comers let the Mesquite trees grow up on their half and now I can't shoot across it without hitting said trees.

The 1000 yds range I had access to is still there but it's 2 different properties. The one I've shot on forever was split up when their mom passed away. The new comers let the Mesquite trees grow up on their half and now I can't shoot across it without hitting said trees.
That's a bummer. It's tough or expensive to find long range places to shoot out there. Easier out here.

That's a bummer. It's tough or expensive to find long range places to shoot out there. Easier out here.
Honestly if components weren't so scarce and expensive I'd look for a longer range but with these problems I'm going to stick to the 400 yds I have for now. I've have a lot of powder, primers, and bullets at this time, I'm a hunter, always have been, I've only recently got into the longer range shooting and I love it but I refuse to pay these prices. I just got off Natchez's website, I had brick of Rem 9 1/2 primers in my cart, but by the time I paid for everything it came up to $154.00 and I almost entered my card info and then I cleared my cart. I'm not shooting 1000yds so if I have to use the off brand primers I bought when it started going crazy again and adjust my load I will, but I'm not paying those prices.
Natchez's has primers & powder if anyone doesn't mind getting r a * e d to get them.

180 ELDM's at 100 yards. It's a consistent group size with the 63.0 of RL22.

Attachments

• 20231022_163502[1].jpg
    20231022_163502[1].jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 39
But I think I'll stick with 63.5gr of RL22 with what little RL22 I have left. The chrono failed on me again however I think it's around 2820 fps. I confirmed out to 800 yards.

Attachments

• 20231022_163716[1].jpg
    20231022_163716[1].jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 55

Recent Posts