My New Remarms ADL 7mm RM.

Yes there are. My buddy is VP @ Geissele but I'll just find an older Remington trigger and tune it myself. My last one is down to 1.75 lbs and crisp.
I also tune the older Rem triggers myself for hunting rifles.
They are an inexpensive trigger option when you can't afford to put custom's on all... and when well tuned, they are completely acceptable to my standards.

The biggest problem over the years with Rem. triggers are the sear surfaces being so rough.
Check the sear surfaces, Have seen some Rem. triggers vary 3 or 4 lb. from 1 trigger pull to the next, By which rough spot or grove the sear catches on when the action is worked.
Check the trigger sears first and make sure smooth with no burrs or chips in edge.
Then the spring tension screws can adjust the trigger. To set at a usable safe hunting trigger, That is crisp and same pull every shot.

I took my rifle out yesterday but unfortunately the range was being used and I was pressed for time so my boresighting and scope adjustment all were done at 100 yards. Normally I can get the scope set good enough in four rounds and start groupings for load development right after. Not so this time and my chrono wasn't co-operating either lol. But I finally got it close on the ninth shot at 200 yards. And the tenth shoth finally got on paper at 100 yards. I got the PSS on within 4 rounds and was banging 800 yard steel.

My IMR4350 emitted a strange orange dust when I poured it into the powder dispenser so I decided not to use it. It smelled okay but I don't recall any powder having so much dust. I used the last of my RL22 as this will be just for sighting in and breaking in the barrel. If I can't get my hands on some H1000, H4831sc or another good magnum powder I'll use my last pound of RL26.

Natchez has free hazmat over $99 and H4831sc in stock.
Yeah I saw that thanks! There was some H1000 in the Boise area so I thought if I get a chance I'll snag some of that. retumbo even made it back on the market recently so I may try for some of that too. but I'm watching my dollars because I could really use a pocket carry edc. Or a really decent rangefinder with ballistics app for this spring's coyotes. :)

My IMR4350 emitted a strange orange dust when I poured it into the powder dispenser so I decided not to use it. It smelled okay but I don't recall any powder having so much dust. I used the last of my RL22 as this will be just for sighting in and breaking in the barrel. If I can't get my hands on some H1000, H4831sc or another good magnum powder I'll use my last pound of RL26.
I have seen that orange dust before, I think that's when the powder is breaking down and starting to go bad

Recent Posts