My New Remarms ADL 7mm RM.

xsn10s

Well I shouldn't have but I got myself a Remarms ADL. It's in 7mm Rem Mag and has the Impact non adjustable trigger. The barrel is 1-8" 5R 26" long. In the spirit of my "Budget Build 260 AI" I'm keeping this on the cheap. Oh heck it's all I can afford especially with this inflation lol. I was lucky enough to get used KRG painted stock from a member that included a MDT mag. And then I just picked up a SWFA fixed 6X Milquad that may end up on it. That or my old Leupold LR Tactical 4.5-14x50mm Mildot reticle. I ordered a EGW HD 40 moa rail with the veteran's discount. I'm glad to say it's made in the USA and made from 7075 T6 aluminum, I think it should be tough enough for this old fart. My rings are SWFA's which I think were 25 bucks on sale. My initial handloads will be using PPU brass which I prepped, 180 ELDM's, IMR4350 (it's what I have on hand), and Fed210 or Rem 9 1/2 primers. The first 100 rounds are just to break in the barrel and let the action settle into the stock. From now to Feb 2024 I won't be able to take it on blm lands due to hunts so 800 yards to maybe 1230 yards at my range will have to be good enough. Pics to follow.

Looking forward to your results. Your going to like that 180 eld
I've been wanting to try that bullet for a loooooong time lol!
I handled one of the new Remingtons at my lgs. It was like a sps or bottom line bdl with synthetic stock and sporter barrel. The action smoothness did surprise me.
Yes my bolt is pretty smooth especially for right out of the box. Trigger isn't bad at around 4 lbs, maybe a little higher. After break in I'll check it again. If I get some cigarette lighter fluid I'll clean the trigger and retest the pull.

IMO the Remington or "Remarms" is somewhat going after Tikka but at the budget end. Tikka used to be considered the economy division of Sako, not anymore. The ADL is about $200 cheaper retail or more than the Tikka. If you purchase either lower end rifle you'll eventually want a different stock. The KRG offers a lot of stock for either rifle so I purchased the KRG. The barrel twist on the ADL is 1-8" so that's an advantage over the Tikka IF you want to shoot heavier bullets. And the ADL has the ability to seat bullets out longer right from the factory. You can do the same for the Tikka but it will cost extra with a bottom metal upgrade.

Last edited:
I'm torn on which scope to put on this set up. My original intention was to put my Leupold VariXIII LR Tactical 4.5-14X50mm. It has capped target turrets which are fine, but it's Mildot with moa turrets. The glass is good but the turrets are a PIA to use now that I got used to my fix 10X SWFA. The recently acquired SWFA 6X was supposed to go on the PSS to replace the Leupold. I think I'll try the 6X on the new ADL. If the magnification is too low for me to get good groups while doing load development I'll swap it out. The benefits of the low magnification would be ease of follow up shots, or the hope for ease of follow up shots. I tested it last night at sunset. And even with the overcast skies during sunset I had no problem looking at a hillside over a mile away.

Last edited:
The ADL with the used KRG Bravo stock and EGW 40 MOA rail. Leupold VariXIII LR Tactical 4.5-14X50 with GG&G rings. I may mount the SWFA fixed 6X in SWFA low rings instead.
20230831_074434[1].jpg
20230831_074447.jpg
20230831_074518.jpg

Looking forward to a range report. I like that they went with a 1/8 twist. Also give an update when you can on the cbto and oal once you have time to check a couple different bullets.
Sorry I won't be able to do a cbto measurement. But I'll give oal with my load data. I don't expect the first loads to be spectacular velocity wise since I only have IMR 4350 for the loads. But I do hope they are accurate.