How Did You Find The Long Range Hunting Site?

If you are [B][U]new to this site since July 1, 2007[/U][/B] how did you find us?

• Someone told me about it

Votes: 203 13.2%
  • I saw a link on another site

Votes: 337 22.0%
  • A search engine brought me here

Votes: 995 64.8%

• Total voters
I was searching the internet for information on 458 SOCOM, and load data for it using Ramshot powder.

This LRH site came up as someone posted 458 SOCOM as a remark. Didn't help my querry.

I've learned a lot here in the last week. I like the people here. They are civilized, and humorous.

Looking for information on the 257 Weatherby, and with an odd stroke of luck stumbled on this site, hung around for a bit, liked what I saw and had to join.

I see this thread is kinda old. But I felt compelled to post on it.

It seems every time i would do a search for a specific high velocity round or something long range. The search engine would bring up at least two items from this web sight. I would go here and end up reading gobs of stuff. So I decided to quit lurking and join. Great websight.

i found this site while surfing to get started in long range hunting but i dont know much about using forums but i hope this is the right place to intro myself so here goes.i am 55 live in gillette wy. i am disabled now from a work injury so getting around to hunt and walking the draws is out of the question but wyoming fish and game closed most the public land to disabled and elderly and called them walk in areas but i have hunted all my life and having a hard time giving it up so maybe finding high ground and a long range rifle could help. i am trying to find out what caliber gun to buy, what equipment i need etc. but i think i have to ask that on a different thread right? anyway thanks for a great site and please be patient while i figure this out.

I had just dropped off my 03-A3 at my gunsmiths ti have him put the 30-06 barrel back in it. I had the rifle handed down to me when my father passed away 20 years ago and when I got it I changed it to the .243 what my father always had it at when we lived in Pa. He had switched it back to a 30-06 when he went to Idaho in '71 to hunt Elk. Four months later when he was 42 he suffered a massive stroke, twenty years later he died after 20 years of one health problem after another.

Well the last time I hunted with the Springfield as a .243 was in '96 on a mule deer hunt in Utah. In fact that hunt ended up being the longest shot I ever made on a mulie, 265 yards, dropped in his tracks. Bit having a 7RM and a .300 WinMag I never hunted with the .243 since. I decided to switch back to the 30-06 so I would use the rifle again and could use it for Elk hunting as well.

I had heard lots of good things in regards to using Berger bullets for hunting and when I started researching new loads a search brought me to this site, I joined that day. That first thread I read regarding Berger bullets was hundreds of postings long and took hours to read through. I was hooked in this site.

The articles I have read are great, much more indepth discussion than the other hunting sites I belong to. More science, exambles, and proof that just opinion thrown around. So far I have learned a lot in regards to long range shooting, bullet preformance and shooting technics.

I am picking up the 30-06 next week. I have purchased Berger 168 gr .308 VLC Hunting bullets, but since my readings here I may go in a different direction, at least somewhat. I think I will stick with my 180 gr Accubonds in my .300 WinMag, maybe try the 168 gr Bergers in the 06 but I think I may try 165 gr Sciroccos instead and finally try the 168 gr VLC Hunting bullets in my 7RM. So don't be surprised if you see me post a trade in the classified adds here, trading y .308 168 gr VLCs for .284 168 gr VLC. Who knows maybe I am over thinking this too, been known to do that.

i just stumbled on it. i have bought 3 rifels 3 recently 11/2 years ago . for long range shooting .i live in wyoming ,wheatland.no long range shooting here.i need to find along range bullit for longrange shooting.with 500 or better bc

Was searching on the internet and signed up 3 years ago. Read once in awhile and was annoyed by emails, then really started reading the forums and just love it now. Wish I hadn't been annoyed earlier but now Im the opposite. I really appreciate the compassionate people who go out of their way to answer questions. I don't feel as if I am invading other people's privacy here and am thankful for everyone and everything on Long Range Hunting Online Magazine.

drichards. i found this site while brosing the internet.iam want a long range shooting range to shoot compition.am i in the wrong site.drichards

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts