House moves to remove wolves from endangered species list

Let the wolves in Yellowstone live but the second they step out of the park - Kill them.
I have a friend that lives in Cody and the Sunlight Basin area. He monitors Game populations more or less as a hobby. He has talked to the Game and Fish and the G&F officer talked about some of the winter range and that there were several thousand head of Elk in some of the valleys. My friend disagreed because he had been there. The G&F went there to count Elk and found there were a couple dozen Elk not a couple thousand.
The G&F assumes there are populations of game animals in the same locations that there was 30 years ago. They are wrong.
When you throw in the amount of Grizzly Bears to the mix it is surprising there are any game animals left. Moose populations are down probably 90%. People put in for 20 to 30 years and still cant draw a permit..

There are wolves in Wyoming the Big Horn Mountains, the plains around Casper, Muddy Mountain and this is 300 miles from Yellowstone.

Let the wolves in Yellowstone live but the second they step out of the park - Kill them.
I have a friend that lives in Cody and the Sunlight Basin area. He monitors Game populations more or less as a hobby. He has talked to the Game and Fish and the G&F officer talked about some of the winter range and that there were several thousand head of Elk in some of the valleys. My friend disagreed because he had been there. The G&F went there to count Elk and found there were a couple dozen Elk not a couple thousand.
The G&F assumes there are populations of game animals in the same locations that there was 30 years ago. They are wrong.
When you throw in the amount of Grizzly Bears to the mix it is surprising there are any game animals left. Moose populations are down probably 90%. People put in for 20 to 30 years and still cant draw a permit..

There are wolves in Wyoming the Big Horn Mountains, the plains around Casper, Muddy Mountain and this is 300 miles from Yellowstone.

I hate to hear it WyoHunter1, having lived in Casper and hunted those areas years ago! My prayers for you all!

I have lived in Idaho since the PRE- Wolf era, so,.. I know, a thing or, two about this,.. "Chit" !! The Wolves, we now have, are NOT, the original "Timber Wolf" species that, were wild, in Montana and Idaho, yes, we HAD, a few, NATURAL Timber Wolves already, they were, all the way over to, Northern Minn. ! THESE Wolves that, we NOW have, were trapped from, the CANADIAN TUNDRA area's and have been eating on the Caribou and Bison Herds for, centuries! They are NOT native to,.. Idaho, Wyo or, Montana ! They HAVE, DESTROYED, about 50,000 Elk in, Central/ Eastern, Idaho ( and some Moose/ Deer ), so YES, they ARE, a "scourge"! Idaho WAS, in the TOP 3, Elk destinations, in the USA, PRE-Canadian Wolf !! Please, PLEASE, be sure, to bring, several of your best "sniper" Buddies, up to Idaho with you, to Hunt these BIG "Dogs" ( they weigh from, 75 to 160 pounds ! ) and bring "enough, Gun/ Bullet" as shots usually range from, 200-700 Yards ( I saw one at 35 yards while Bow Hunting, in the timber, tho ) so, leave the .22 CF's Home,.. .243 Win, 6mm's, 25-06, .264's, .270's, 7mm's with, FAST, flat, expanding, Ballistic Tip's, V-Maxes and Berger's HP's,.. are BEST !
Shoot straight Guys !!!

The Federal Government in conjunction with the heads of the Wyoming Game and Fish started this whole Fiasco so they should be required to FIX the MASSIVE PROBLEM!!!!

In the mid/late 1990's, I used to Bow Hunt, a Creek near Yellow Pine, Id., and another one, near Burgdorf,.. the Elk would start Bugling at, 3 AM,.. several Bulls,. I couldn't sleep after that ( LOVED IT, tho ! ) NOW, it's,..Crickets ! The Real Gunsmith, on the YouTube video above,.. SHOULD be watched, by EVERYBODY that Hunt's! Like he says, WE HAVE been,.."SOLD OUT" !! The Idaho F & G did NOT want, those Canadian Wolves in Idaho,.. the Nez Perce Indians, SAID,.."we'll MANAGE them",.. LOL, LOL, LOL !!!
After 10 years of FEDERAL "Protection" ( $100,000.00 Fine / 10 years, in the Pen ) there are now, OVER,.. 3,000 Canadian Wolves,.. eating YOUR Elk, Moose, & Deer in Idaho! YES,.. we should ALL be,..****zzed oft as, that's, a LOT of Deer, Elk and Moose Meat, that has been,. STOLEN, from US ! I know one or two people are gonna be MAD at ME but, you all NEED to KNOW,.. the TRUTH ! IF I get kicked off this site,.. GOOD BYE all !
Lefty

I have lived in Idaho since the PRE- Wolf era, so,.. I know, a thing or, two about this,.. "Chit" !! The Wolves, we now have, are NOT, the original "Timber Wolf" species that, were wild, in Montana and Idaho, yes, we HAD, a few, NATURAL Timber Wolves already, they were, all the way over to, Northern Minn. ! THESE Wolves that, we NOW have, were trapped from, the CANADIAN TUNDRA area's and have been eating on the Caribou and Bison Herds for, centuries! They are NOT native to,.. Idaho, Wyo or, Montana ! They HAVE, DESTROYED, about 50,000 Elk in, Central/ Eastern, Idaho ( and some Moose/ Deer ), so YES, they ARE, a "scourge"! Idaho WAS, in the TOP 3, Elk destinations, in the USA, PRE-Canadian Wolf !! Please, PLEASE, be sure, to bring, several of your best "sniper" Buddies, up to Idaho with you, to Hunt these BIG "Dogs" ( they weigh from, 75 to 160 pounds ! ) and bring "enough, Gun/ Bullet" as shots usually range from, 200-700 Yards ( I saw one at 35 yards while Bow Hunting, in the timber, tho ) so, leave the .22 CF's Home,.. .243 Win, 6mm's, 25-06, .264's, .270's, 7mm's with, FAST, flat, expanding, Ballistic Tip's, V-Maxes and Berger's HP's,.. are BEST !
Shoot straight Guys !!!

I have to agree that it is entirely possible that the wolves reintroduced from Canada are not the same sub-species that were here originally.
At the very least it's likely that they did not have the same evolutionary traits as wolves that lived in Canada for thousands of years.
Just look at the variation between Blacktail and Rocky Mountain Mule Deer; Blacktail live on the west side of the Cascades and are extremely different than the Mule deer living on the East slope of the Cascades. The same goes for Rocky Mountain Elk and Roosevelts.

For some reason a few members on this site are getting all sorts of uppity and condescending towards anyone who dares to question the exact size, and evolutionary traits of historically native vs. introduced wolves..
I worked at Moscow Hide and Fur while I was a student, and personally skinned around 20 wolves..
I can tell you that the average weight was over 120 lbs, and when hanging from an 8 foot ceiling hook their hind legs touched the floor. That's a big *** wolf!

It's a fact that USFW was playing God when they launched this wolf re-introduction program, they can never just accept that the natural ecosystem was altered permanently by man.
Trying to restore the native range of every species through "Assisted Migration" is just straight up retarded.

Here's one of those wolves I'd just skinned, I'm 6'2.
I don't recall too many historical photos of wolves this size in Idaho, and this was just an average female.
001-3.JPG

Nice pelt there blackaj! It looks like you do other pelt work also. Do you trap, hunt, or both?
I hunt, and for a short period did taxidermy, my grandpa was a hardcore trapper and fur trader in the Yukon territory of Canada. Guess it's in my blood, I want to get into trapping, a friend of mine took out an entire pack last winter with snares.

In the video above where the wolves killed 19 Elk the wardens comment was that they "Surplus Killed" and it doesn't happen often is just a lie. There are a lot of documented cases where they kill 1 to 20 or more animals and just leave them to rot. They do it for sport not for food.
The Real Gunsmith mentioned all the sheep that were killed and left as an example.
It happens all the time most people just never hear about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.