Idaho Removes Seven Wolves to Bolster Ailing Elk Numbers

7? Yeah real good news if there was only 7 that lived there, should be more like ALL! Those seven will be replaced this year!!!! Whats really funny is they actually have a board that gets paid WITH OUR MONEY to go in and get rid of the very VERMON they introduced with OUR money! does anybody else see the problem with this!!!?? and geez they're only 9800 animals below below what they want in that zone man those elk numbers are booming!!! ha ha ha

How about go kill some yourself? mtmuley
I concur. Going to be killing as many as we can call in here in Wyoming this summer on all our scouting trips. We have a few up in our high country deer area. Some pretty big ones too. That cartridge is 2.910" OAL.
20180731_085638.jpg

.....How about go kill some yourself? ......

Unfortunately, under the current rules of engagement, when it comes to managing this species numbers, the big difference between this and SSS is leaving the shovel at home and being able to tell your buddies after.

Hopefully some enterprising guide services can start some trap line trips like in Canada.
I'm looking at hunts in BC, as to date I haven't seen something in the lower 48 that's competitive to date.

7? Yeah real good news if there was only 7 that lived there, should be more like ALL! Those seven will be replaced this year!!!! Whats really funny is they actually have a board that gets paid WITH OUR MONEY to go in and get rid of the very VERMON they introduced with OUR money! does anybody else see the problem with this!!!?? and geez they're only 9800 animals below below what they want in that zone man those elk numbers are booming!!! ha ha ha
Totally agree with you. As a past hunter in this region for 25 years I have never in my life in Idaho seen hunting this bad. This use to be the no arguement best elk hunting in Idaho. Now it's the worst. Before the bitching was from predators (cat/bear) occasionally mostly from what I seen was it needed another large fire to recreate food supply. But as went the fisheries so go the elk in Idaho due to to POOR MANAGEMENT.

Hey Backcountry....if you havent explored yet...i found wolf tracks chasing elk just to the east of sodasprings.....go up via sulphur springs or around and up via big canyon or rattlesnake....but way up top there is a beautiful huge green canyon that should hold elk...minus the influx of wolves killing off the calves......
Going up big canyon puts you to the west of what f&g are calling a calving area......should be plenty of sign on that side......may take a snowmobile or quad.....several miles to travel...very narrow roads...till you get to the top...then it opens up with 40' road beds.....
Oh....this is for all wolf hunters......not just BkCntry

Hey Backcountry....if you havent explored yet...i found wolf tracks chasing elk just to the east of sodasprings.....go up via sulphur springs or around and up via big canyon or rattlesnake....but way up top there is a beautiful huge green canyon that should hold elk...minus the influx of wolves killing off the calves......
Going up big canyon puts you to the west of what f&g are calling a calving area......should be plenty of sign on that side......may take a snowmobile or quad.....several miles to travel...very narrow roads...till you get to the top...then it opens up with 40' road beds.....
My family has a hunting ranch near there. Maybe we will head up sometime and try to lower the wolf population as well....

Thats where I'll be bear hunting in the next few weeks. Definitely will keep my eye out!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts