Idaho Removes Seven Wolves to Bolster Ailing Elk Numbers

Also....while talking to some guys from Montpelier.....the wolves to the east up around Montpelier Reservoir are making a huge problem also.......i was talking with those guys around a place called Whiskey Flats?.....
Looked like an awesome place to do some extra long distance shooting also....

KILL THEM ALL......

While deer hunting last season....saw a huge black bear track up in the Indian Creek Pass area.....very fresh....
Go up Indian Creek Pass...past the rock pit a mile or so...head north to the open country over cattle guard....follow road to right..take first left at base of hill...head north up canyon to the back draw....big timber area with lots of open to glass......dont get ran over by the moose......

Thank the loons from the 90s and now trying to destroy the government for causing the harm. Poor forest management. We get to breath smoke all summer. Wolves spreading like wild fire and Grizzly bears moving in closer. These left coast trash bags do not have to live with the results of their stupidity. I am all for managing our resources, but taken over by these idiots and supported by certain political hacks is ruining the west

Hey Backcountry....if you havent explored yet...i found wolf tracks chasing elk just to the east of sodasprings.....go up via sulphur springs or around and up via big canyon or rattlesnake....but way up top there is a beautiful huge green canyon that should hold elk...minus the influx of wolves killing off the calves......
Going up big canyon puts you to the west of what f&g are calling a calving area......should be plenty of sign on that side......may take a snowmobile or quad.....several miles to travel...very narrow roads...till you get to the top...then it opens up with 40' road beds.....
Oh....this is for all wolf hunters......not just BkCntry
I live in SE Idaho. I may just have to go that way and try to thin em out. Bumped into them on the high line trail above Niter too.

I will be looking at the Regs. tonight maybe a bear /wolf trip for my son and I.
I should have my project complete by mid April . Some time off hunting would be nice! I'm not to far from Idaho it could be a great trip ! Hmmm
I have two new 338's that are just itching to shot !!

While deer hunting last season....saw a huge black bear track up in the Indian Creek Pass area.....very fresh....
Go up Indian Creek Pass...past the rock pit a mile or so...head north to the open country over cattle guard....follow road to right..take first left at base of hill...head north up canyon to the back draw....big timber area with lots of open to glass......dont get ran over by the moose......
Thanks for the tip! Good size moose over there if you can find em.

Good read. Eastern OR where I hunt is starting to go the same route. ODFW down-plays the numbers IMO and I've seen first hand what a wolf pack does to a once prime hunting area.
Complaints to the state fall on deaf ears.

The state's had little to say about all of this crap, is my understanding. It was the Feds in the Bureau of Land Managment and / or the Dept of the Interior, from their 17th floor condos in DC. They are the very same genius el morons that released the red wolves in our area of the SE. I now have seen 3 including 1 chasing a deer in 5th gear, full speed, about a month ago. I saw that red wolf at about 220 yards out, through the trees and we peons are not supposed to molest them red wolves.

My agricultural critters look a lot like cows, just a bit thinner.
Ed

I will be looking at the Regs. tonight maybe a bear /wolf trip for my son and I.
I should have my project complete by mid April . Some time off hunting would be nice! I'm not to far from Idaho it could be a great trip ! Hmmm
I have two new 338's that are just itching to shot !!
Is there anyone that guides for them? Or just willing to take me and my wife out to help with the problem. I could trade you a Walleye fishing trip on the Bay of Green Bay Wi.

Attachments

• B31D4334-9017-45B4-AE17-DB23BA97E715.jpeg
    B31D4334-9017-45B4-AE17-DB23BA97E715.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 543C9986-299B-498F-B2C3-404A8E3A7D47.jpeg
    543C9986-299B-498F-B2C3-404A8E3A7D47.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 386
  • 9042B9F3-7A56-484F-82C3-5753A7EB9C93.jpeg
    9042B9F3-7A56-484F-82C3-5753A7EB9C93.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 385
  • D91B9FE0-FE5B-4E71-9E96-E87EBA083984.jpeg
    D91B9FE0-FE5B-4E71-9E96-E87EBA083984.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 389
How about go kill some yourself? mtmuley
That's easier said than done. I've only seen one in all the years I've hunted here. I had a pack close to us on an elk hunt howling but never saw them.
How many have you killed in Montana?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts