• Cutting edge

• Hammer

• Hornady

• Nosler

• Sierra

• Remington

• Winchester

Results are only viewable after voting.
Out of my .270 win, at least for a while, I really liked the 130gr factory Remington core lokt. The BC was poor, but inside 200 yards I didn't care. Piled up a lot of WT. Then I switched to 130gr Barnes TSX. I really like having an exit hole. More recently the TTSX.
I also have a box of Hammers sitting on the reloading bench. Looking forward to trying them this fall.

# 1 ) Berger,.. H-VLD's, Elites and Classic Hunters
# 2 ) Hornady,.. ELD-X's, and SST's ( I use, the Softer, THINNER Jacketed, ELD-M's, for Varmints, Only )
#3 ) Nosler,.. AccuBonds and Partitions
ALL, choices are,.. Rifle Caliber, Game size and Velocity, "dependent" for, our Family. ( And,. Now a Days,.. availability ! )
We choose, ONE "Best", Bullet for, each Rifle

Last edited:
Surprisingly no mention of Sierra..........anybody know where their products are?........and are they not that great a hunting bullet?

Gamekings are a great hunting bullet, have used the 7mm 140gr and 160gr with great success, just the BC's are too low.

Haven't tried the Tipped Gameking yet, but will be trying the 7mm 160gr Tipped Matchking this year, and hopefully will work like the 162gr Amax.

Something's Fishy, as all these Poll Numbers do NOT, "add up",.. to 100 %
Also noticed that, Hammer Bullets, ARE being used, in Greater Numbers than, I ever, realized !
They are, getting MORE Popular, by the Day, Good for,.. THEM !

Last edited:
Keep in mind guys, the poll was for your favorite hunting bullet for long range. What I called moderate is 600-800 yards (depending), that is long range to most hunters.
Absent a specific range, and species as parameters I haven't answered the question.

@Bravo 4 idea of "moderate" is out of my wheelhouse. Seems like there was a poll that most of us consider 400 yards as LRH.

I've always considered the philosophy of the site as letting the individual decide what LRH means personally, while trying to improve. Great if that's 1200 yards, but fine if it's less.

Recent Posts