Birth Controller2

Polls are fun.

I included group names for grins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Check up to three.

Feel free to post what isn't listed and check Other

MikeTBC

Hee hee ... well, ok then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I checked "ground hog / woodchuck" because you didn't list Marmots (rockchucks)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as 4Ked, clicked ghogwoodchuck as no rockchuck listed

Also water filled milk jug is a favorite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif but that must be a regional thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Groundhog, Woodchuck, Rockchuck, Marmot... heck, they're all the same critter. Just a dang Gopher... (Marmota monax or flaviventris)

They're brown here in the East, to blend in w/ dirt, and darker in the West to blend in w/ rocks and stuff.

Balloons. I buy the normal bright-colored kid's party balloons.

1) Dirt-cheap, available anywhere.

2) Flexible - I can make them any size I want.

3) Easy to see if you hit at distance.

The downside is cleanup - you don't want rubber bits all over the range. They bounce around in the breeze depending how you mount them, but that can be a bonus - my shooting has improved from waiting for the wind to hold it steady, then squeezing the shot quickly.

Blow up ten balloons, five each of two different colors (one color for you, another for a buddy). Put pairs of them at various ranges. On "go!", you and a buddy have to range, dope, and dial each balloon, then pop it. We allow unlimited shots, but you only have 5 rounds with you - the extras are 20 yards back and you have to get one at a time if you need them.

Try that and tell me it's not the most fun you've had shooting a rifle in a long, long time. It's a total riot, and awesome practice too.

I made a target stand to where i staple a cardboard backing about 4 ft sq. and in front of it i hang a steel gong. Cut to various sizes representing different kill zones. If i miss the steel the cardboard lets me know by how much. Works nice for wind calls.

its called pit run there rocks that they use to build new logging roads with there not crushed as small as say your driveway gravel and i just pick up some 6-8 inch ones and pack them out into my favorite shooting range(old logging clearcut) and place them on the stumps at random distances then it gives me great real world practice at not only smaller targets but i can practice ranging and dialing for wind

Recent Posts