Do you use an adjustable cheekpiece on your rifle?

Do you use an adjustable cheekpiece on your rifle?

• YES

Votes: 612 30.1%
  • NO

Votes: 943 46.5%
  • NO, but I really should!

Votes: 475 23.4%

• Total voters
I didn't before but after buying the Savage 338 Lapua in the 111 LR hunter it came with one. I now have one on the 6-284 and love it. Makes it so nice.

Adjustable . . . no . . . but I just got done making this.

Resampled_2013-02-10_12-13-29_194_zpsec14a5e4.jpg

Resampled_2013-02-10_11-36-17_987_zps35406a06.jpg

2013-02-10_11-36-08_847_zpscca78fe8.jpg

Adjustable . . . no . . . but I just got done making this.

Resampled_2013-02-10_12-13-29_194_zpsec14a5e4.jpg

I like that! Looks really good!
A lot simpler than my solution to my high red dot.
AKStockDesigns_zps00dcd54a.jpg

It wasn't too early on that I figured an adjustable cheek rest was the way to go.

I'm still figuring what to do for my scoped rifle.

I went to one a little while back and unless the stock is custom built will have one on the rest. I was amazed at the difference and how it just felt more natural and comfortable.

An absolute must! No cheek weld and only shoulder weld will have your weapon jumping all over the place. Karsten Makes a good after market cheek piece, installs fairly easily. This will literally make your groups much tighter, along with proper shooting fundamentals, loading etc. Good Luck.

My TRG 42 338 LM has an adjustable cheek piece. I can't imagine shooting accurately without it. I have always had one on all my rifles, as a proper cheek weld aligned to the height of the scope makes for very accurate shot/groups.

You know, whenever I felt I needed it, duct tape and a ratty old sand-colored undershirt has always been the answer, lol. A lot cheaper than buying another stock and less time-consuming than rebedding and restocking a rifle.

It was a field expedient way to add a higher cheek weld on the M24A1 and earlier A2 stocks, which featured the H-S Precision stock with adjustable LOP, but no cheek piece. The newer A2's and the A3's have the stock with the adjustable cheek piece as well as LOP.

Been making my own with military green foam sleeping pads. Use Weldwood Contact Cement. Your make a template, mark the position you want and them apply glue to the stock and the cheek pad. When glue dries attach the pad to the stock. If you make a mistake rip it off and do it over. Learned in the Marine Corps 1963 and it never failed in 3 combats tours target shooting VC/NVA. Go for it. A consistent spot weld makes each shot count.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Gonzo

Not yet, but there's a Boyd's waiting to go on a Ruger American that will change that.

I'll be working with some of your suggestions to come up with something for an "Iowa Deer Rifle" 12g - Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.