• YES

Votes: 1,851 58.7%
  • NO

Votes: 927 29.4%
  • I am planning to get one

Votes: 373 11.8%

• Total voters
Hell no!

But do have an SL-8 and the newest Sig offering just came into the family yesterday.

****, look at that trend. One vote = 100! FEEL THE POWER:eek:

Last edited:
I own 4 do I get 4 votes?
nothing opens folks eyes more than when they see an AR in hunting camp that runs off fodder larger than 223, I have AR's chambered in 25 wssm and 458 Socom.
RR

How does that WSSM feed? Where did you get the mags from? I guess the armalite mags for the SAUM would be super close? Have you shot an of the AR with the SAUM cartridges? Thanks.

OH I have 2-15's and 2-10's

it feeds flawless if you keep it clean, the mag is a standard AR-15 223 mag with the follower milled flat. A standard 20 round AR-15 mag holds 7 wssm rounds single stacked. the RSAUM mags are AR-10 mags. No experience with the RSAUM's, if I were to go with an AR-10 it would be rechambered by accuracy systems inc to a WSM chambering

I don't have an AR-15 but if I were to get a "black rifle" it would be a DPMS 300 SAUM or 260 Rem. Little brother has one in 300 SAUM and man is that thing impressive accuracy wise and no problems with reliability either.

James

Thanks for the WSSM, WSM, SAUM info guys. I have a few of those rounds in bolt guns and have just never gotten around to moving one of the gas guns over there. Does it seem strange to anyone else that AR's are frowned upon by some shooters? We are all gun nuts right? Short story.....

My little cousin 90lb, 16 year old girl really wanted to go shooting with her dad but was very afraid of guns.... I made her a set of really good earplugs and then got her on a bench behind my AR-15 with a 26" 1.200 bull barrel (zero recoil)and let her shoot a couple of rounds...... I have never loaded so many AR mags in an hour! She was happy as a clam to take a 243 out and shoot her first deer. So while maybe not a typical hunting gun they can be fun rifles to introduce new shooters to our side of the gun vote. I have let at least ten people shoot that gun and they all want one. Fun guns help our sport and support grow....

Officially off my soapbox about "black guns" "assault rifles" "tactical weapon" ... bla bla bla get someone out shooting and stick together on gun rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one AR-15 gets very lonely, and nobody wants that . . . :
AR15-herd1.jpg

Just got my first, a RRA Varmint EOP 20" SS bull barrel. The thing is an absolute tack driver with most any load I've thrown through it so far. I love my bolt guns, but these things are a blast to shoot!:D

I have a Rock River Coyote .223 custom camo paint job with a 3.5-10x50mm leupold MK4 Mil Dot. Heaven help any coyote out in the middle of our 1 mile long wheat fields, i will figure my drops and waste ya!!! the gun is a tack driver at 250yds, i havent tested it much past that.

oh and good luck getting me to turn it in if the elections go the wrong way!!

steve