Do You Plan To Buy Any New Optics In The Next 12 Months?

Do you plan to buy any new optics in the next 12 months?

• YES - of course!

Votes: 1,873 88.3%
  • NO - I have enough for now...

Votes: 248 11.7%

• Total voters
I plan purchasing a new scope for my 300 win mag, my budget is right around 500, what do you guys suggest. I find scopes I like but not sure if they will hold zero due to recoil.

For the 300WM a scope in the 3-15, 4.5-15, 6.5-20 power range will allow you to shoot in close and also reach out to 1000yds. Vortex, Leupold, Nikon, Sightron and Burris have scopes in your price range.
Dial up turrets are a must for making sight adjustments from your base zero to your maximum shooting distance.

Attachments

• 300 win mag 6.jpg
    300 win mag 6.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 300 win mag 2.jpg
    300 win mag 2.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 33
Think I'll get an 8" length of 1" black iron pipe, a couple caps, drill a peep hole in each end and mount that.....

For illumination, I'll use a mag-Lite.:)

Didn't think I'd be posting so soon after the last time.

Since I'm a hobby type FFL, I just ordered 4 NF's; three 2.5-10x42's and one 5.5-22x50. One of the 2.5-10's is for me and is getting a MOAR reticle. Also, about to pull the trigger on a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP in MOA for my new Sword International Mk 15 AR15. I'll sell my current NF 2.5-10x32 with NP-R2 to pay for the new NF and will sell my ACOG TA47-2 2x to pay for the Viper.

Alan

Just got my new NF 5.5-22x56mm with ZeroStop and MOAR reticle a few weeks back. This after selling my older 5.5-22x50 with ZS and NP-R1 reticle. Love them both; well, almost. Today, they delivered my new NF 2.5-10x42mm with ZS and MOAR reticle. Kept my older 2.5-10x32 with NP-R2 and ZS. Put it on my AR in an ADM Recon mount. The new one is going back on my light Pierce action in 6.5x47 Lapua.

Alan

Returned from MI where I hunted deer, built 6 rifles or 80% AR receivers. Bought 5 new scopes, 3-Swift, Burris, Lyman Targetmaster. No deer but lots of fun in the shop for 1 1/2 weeks. One of the rifles is a custom Mauser with Boyd Thumbhole laminated stock, traister safety, Timney trigger, Remington 2front sight, Lyman receiver sight, Ceracoted, Green Mountain 20" 35 Whelan caliber. Shoots great, looks great, and handles even better.. Lots of comments on open sights and 20" barrel.

Returned from MI where I hunted deer, built 6 rifles or 80% AR receivers. Bought 5 new scopes, 3-Swift, Burris, Lyman Targetmaster. No deer but lots of fun in the shop for 1 1/2 weeks. One of the rifles is a custom Mauser with Boyd Thumbhole laminated stock, traister safety, Timney trigger, Remington 2front sight, Lyman receiver sight, Ceracoted, Green Mountain 20" 35 Whelan caliber. Shoots great, looks great, and handles even better.. Lots of comments on open sights and 20" barrel.

Thats good. More for me.:)

Actually, I'm not adverse to anyone taking them. Keeps them off my bumper...

Come spring time here in April, pulling the trigger on a Nightforce 5.5-22-56 Velocity scope and looking at buying a Vortex spotting scope!!!! Looking at buying Leica CRF 1000 rangefinder, some reason their only about 500.00 up here.

Steyr Pro Hunter.jpgYes, I have a Nikon 4-16 X 50 Manarch ordered for my Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter , 30-06, I put on a scope I had just to shoot it, couldn't wait..