Are You Planning An Outfitted Hunt In The Next 12 Months?

Are You Planning An Outfitted Hunt In The Next 12 Months?

• YES

Votes: 315 30.2%
  • NO

Votes: 727 69.8%

• Total voters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Over the years I have done do-it-yourself and outfitted hunts. What are your plans?

Some of both. I hunt in Mexico for Coues every year so we technically use an outfitter for that. We generally hunt where and how we want (we've hunted most of these ranches before) but usually have a guide (Mexican or American) with us. It sure is nice to have an extra pair of eyes, and food already hot when you roll into camp after a long day. REAL nice :cool:.

I would sure like to, but I just don't have the money for it. If I did, the only one I would really want to go on would be a 2 week African trip for plains game and Cape Buff. All handgun of course.

i am planning a do it your self hunt for this fall for deer, we will be packing in with 8 horses for 6 days up to 6-8000 feet

Brown bear this fall in SE Alaska (Sept. Oct. 2008)

Wisconsin deer season each year or nearly each year until I die.

Have never been able to afford one, doubt I ever will. Would be nice though. Would love to shoot a Kudu, Cape Buff, Caribou, and big moose and bears from Alaska/Yukon.
Just have to keep buying those lottery tickets!
So, if you can afford them, PLEASE take your time and enjoy them-for me....and post lots of pics!!! ;)

archdlx

I'm an outfitter but I still like to go on my own hunts self guided and guided. I drew a great Wyoming elk tag this year and will be doing the guided thing. I drew a deer elk combo tag in Utah and will be going self guided, then in January I'm headed to Sonora for mule deer guided, in 2010 Africa here I come. Now I just need to figure out how to pay for it all.

Jet Boat up the Tuchodi

I'm planning to do a drop-off hunt in September with an outfitter who Jet Boats us up the Tuchodi river on the eastern slope of the Rockies in Northeastern BC. We will be located primarily for elk, but with a chance for moose and cariboo. Assuming I'm able to make the trip as part of this group who've been going here for several years with the same outfiitter and some of the group go to a different location earlier for stone sheep. Any kind of reasonable result will be posted here especially if it involved long range shooting. I'll be taking my 338/378 Weatherby Accumark with a Near Manufacturing base, Luepold Mark IV rings and a Zeiss Diavari 3x12x56 scope.

I am going to plan an Outfitted trip to Wyoming for a Pdog hunt. I am looking at the Rockin7Ranch as the Outfitter.

W.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.